2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any water leaks in the boot area ? I've gone to mine today to find some water in the bottom of the boot, on both sides too ? Anyone think this maybe a seal or any ideas ? I have no false floor fitted just bare floor, hence I could see a little puddle. Any ideas where I could check would be appreciated Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had noticed a wet boot floor when viewing my car, but i had already been on here and noticed it can be a common thing prior to buying, there is a few places it gets in apparently, on mines i just cleaned out the debris that was in the drain channel around the boot and at the lights and so far haven't noticed any more water getting in, so far...all it might take is some torrential rain to change that, one of the places to "seal" with silicone is at the roofline near where the hatches hinges are there is a point where 2 panels meet where the drain channel along the roof is, apparently that can be a point of ingress.

other option is to pull the carpeting and boot panels out and get someone with a garden hose to hit the back of the car while you sit in it and see if you can see where its getting in, not fun but it'll probably let you know where its coming from.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I had this problem last year found it was coming from where fixed spoiler and rear window join together I used pertex sealant a very thin liquid along joint , I've had no problems since

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Perspex lower screen seal seems a common failure, the water that sits on top of the spoiler/main rear glass seems to seep in. As said go to Honda and get a new screen (£500+ I think) or just try sealant as mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts