2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Fancy giving the engine a treat to some internal cleansing mainly the fuel system, has anyone used any good petrol additive ?

I've found a product by Millers called , Millers petrol power ecomax , it claims to add 2 octane rating to fuel and also to clean injectors and so on.

Few reviews I found that claim incerease slightly in performance and smoother running of the car.

Any thoughts ? Is this a good shout or does anyone know of similar stuff but better ?

Are they a good idea to run some through the engine ?

Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Guys,

Fancy giving the engine a treat to some internal cleansing mainly the fuel system, has anyone used any good petrol additive ?

I've found a product by Millers called , Millers petrol power ecomax , it claims to add 2 octane rating to fuel and also to clean injectors and so on.

Few reviews I found that claim incerease slightly in performance and smoother running of the car.

Any thoughts ? Is this a good shout or does anyone know of similar stuff but better ?

Are they a good idea to run some through the engine ?

Cheers

To be honest, as long as you are using a good quality fuel, you shouldn't need to run any cleaner through it.
My 2008 CTR has only ever been run on shell v-power and there is certainly no lack to get up and go or smooth running even after 90K!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have always run shell V-power Nitro Plus as well, like you say this may have cleaners in it anyway ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have always run shell V-power Nitro Plus as well, like you say this may have cleaners in it anyway ?

Yes it has additives I believe which help keep the whole fuel system clean.
I've owned my car from new too so I know it's only ever run on the stuff....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Just use v-power for a tank or two if you don't already, it'll do just the same.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts