2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

After some help / advice please, I'm after changing the following and after any advice on wether there easy jobs with me just having set of axle stands.

Also if you can recommend any parts that would be better than stock as its used for fast road that would be great. Thankyou in advance appriciate you taking the time to reply and help me.

1. Plugs need changing, easy job ? And what best plugs any with better spark etc ?

2. Oil and filter , is it easy to access just on axle stands ? Also what's a good oil , car mainly used odd daily trip, but Mainly fast road toy.

3. Pads , are they just a few bolts to undo calipers ? And could i get away without bleeding the system ? Also what's a good set but not crazy money.

Any advice would be appreciated .

Thanks guys !

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
Ngk iridium plugs are oem and my first choice. I did mine and it was quite easy. I suggest getting the halfords magnetic socket tool. Well worth it. You have to remove the scuttle panel (3 pin clips) and the heatshield (6 bolts), a magnetic retrieve tool is recommended here so you don't drop bolts into the engine bay.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Flashy is on the money (as always) with the plugs,

The oil is same as any other car, get warm remove the Ali under-tray, drain oil, the filter is on the back driver side wheel to access, these spill oil all over driveshaft plenty of rags on there to start. Coxs for oem filter new sump washer and oil most guys use Fuchs Titan race 5-40w, oil level should be checked when warm after 3 minutes, as in the manual. Millers nanodrive has been mentioned, these oils are £50 and up

if you want a true upgrade then ferodo ds2500 thou not road legal, I use the legal one step below called ds2000/streetproformance(£70) the backs are Brembo(£50ish)but just as good as oem but no dust. You will need a wind back tool for rears standard thread (laser halfrauds). I use motful Rbf 600 brake fluid it's full racey stuff that leaves me a 10th behind Hamilton. In all seriousness it doesn't fade, now the downside it only lasts a year,

Pads can be done without interrupting the system but I found my fluid was burned out in four miles. Oem brake fluid lasts 2-3years, mine can't of been done.

My brakes are legal as strong as you need on the road the abs cuts in very early. last thing this is only my opinion it's not the only way and can be dangerous to you,others and your car if done wrong.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
Flashy is on the money (as always) with the plugs,

The oil is same as any other car, get warm remove the Ali under-tray, drain oil, the filter is on the back driver side wheel to access, these spill oil all over driveshaft plenty of rags on there to start. Coxs for oem filter new sump washer and oil most guys use Fuchs Titan race 5-40w, oil level should be checked when warm after 3 minutes, as in the manual. Millers nanodrive has been mentioned, these oils are £50 and up

if you want a true upgrade then ferodo ds2500 thou not road legal, I use the legal one step below called ds2000/streetproformance(£70) the backs are Brembo(£50ish)but just as good as oem but no dust. You will need a wind back tool for rears standard thread (laser halfrauds). I use motful Rbf 600 brake fluid it's full racey stuff that leaves me a 10th behind Hamilton. In all seriousness it doesn't fade, now the downside it only lasts a year,

Pads can be done without interrupting the system but I found my fluid was burned out in four miles. Oem brake fluid lasts 2-3years, mine can't of been done.

My brakes are legal as strong as you need on the road the abs cuts in very early. last thing this is only my opinion it's not the only way and can be dangerous to you,others and your car if done wrong.
Spot on what I'd have said. Not sure if you need the oil filter removal tool to get it on / off cleanly however. Fuchs oil is excellent, was serviced in May and still looks like new with the bonus that it doesn't burn off as quickly as 30w grade.

Ds2500 are on mine, takes a few brakes to warm up but superb after that, very dusty however.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts