2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Got my '08 Honda CTR GT last week and been looking through all the threads on here past and present for more information and it has been a great help.

This is my first CTR and I'm just getting used to driving it. I actually had to go on here and find out when the i-VTEC kicks in and all about the low cams switching to high cams etc at about 5500 rpm. So.......I went out at about 1am in the morning so the roads were clear on a dual carriageway just to see what it was like and jesus f**k I was surprised as hell.

This is my first performance car as such so when it had kicked in and I took off like a rocket I thought I was in the "Back to the Future" movie as next thing I know I'm screaming past 88mph and think I'm about to jump into the future whilst smiling like a kid who was just got his best Christmas present ever and saying to myself "holy sh*t".

I'm planning on looking through the top 3 things to do 1st to your car thread in here and then over the next year getting them done.

After that I will then probably go for the Mugen spoiler and front grill.

I wil post pics once I am allowed.

Thanks for all the info. in here. Top lads.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers lad. You know you've got the "bug" when you spend a few hours searching the net for various things you can do and looking forward to driving your car every single time.

I've got an uncle who owns a garage so this will probably make me actually get involved in doing things myself or at least helping. Kind of makes me wish I had go into cars earlier when I was younger instead of at 36. At least I would not have spent as much on partying out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been that long since I used a Forum cannot remember how to upload the images as they are in Imugr. Will figure it out eventually.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Intake, exhaust and a remap is the usual place to start :)
Improving the brakes and some 15mm eibach springs are also worthwhile.

It can get silly though, I started with the intention of only fitting an intake :facepalm:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So...when I bought the car 2 x weeks ago there was a black bit of tape covering the "date and time" on the digital display. I have taken it off now and have discovered what I thought is that when whomever had the car before me has had the Kenwood installed they have made it so that they are unable to adjust the date and time. This is what I am thinking anyway. Will need to investigate this more.

It also looks as though the steering wheel dash has been "wrapped" ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PS...I have just realised that it says, "Just a lil Bi" for the song on the CD player..........cue the jokes about my car swinging both ways.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Might be worth checking, not sure on single dins.

Hold the "Mode" button on the steering wheel, if it works the date and time will flash and can then be adjusted using the CH and VOL buttons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts