2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CTR JDM Style Wind Deflectors

Well I have had JDM wind deflectors on a EP3 and CRZ but unfortunately as the JDM Civic was different to the FN2 you cant get these for a FN2 until now, what do I think? well I have had Heko ones before for the Auris and they scratched the top of the glass and to be honest they are what you pay for and nothing special but the JDM ones I had and the Genuine Toyota ones I swapped the Heko's for were 100% better and all these stuck in place not inside the window seal.

Honda Civic 06 on type R 3dr Hatchback front Window Wind - Rain Deflectors | eBay

delivery took one working day and at that price they are a steel what more do people want to know

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I'm personally not a fan of the external stick-on ones but I know they have their fans and they are an improvement over none at all!

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm personally not a fan of the external stick-on ones but I know they have their fans and they are an improvement over none at all!

I have had both and I will assure you providing they have a very good quality sticky tape the stick ons are 100% better, I guess its personal choice but anyone who knows me will know I have a eye for detail and quality

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I have had both and I will assure you providing they have a very good quality sticky tape the stick ons are 100% better, I guess its personal choice but anyone who knows me will know I have a eye for detail and quality
Doesn't take long to figure that out about you Rick, that's for sure! :D

I personally prefer the Heko-style ones as they also have the vertical bit that meets the bottom of the window frame which is missing on these type - but that's my opinion and you're quite entitled to tell me that in your opinion it's rubbish :p

·
Registered
183 Posts
Got these on mine. Reason I chose them was I don't like the bit on the heko where it goes down near the mirror and I like the way these cover the satin black door surround over the top of the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I have the Heko's, didn't see these at the time. Really easy to fit, you would destroy them trying to steal them with the windows up.

Dont get anywhere near the attention of Kat's knob sock though.

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have the Heko's, didn't see these at the time. Really easy to fit, you would destroy them trying to steal them with the windows up.

Dont get anywhere near the attention of Kat's knob sock though.

I had JDM ones on the EP3 and CRZ which cost in excess of £120 and never had any problems so dont see why I would with these ;) I had Heko's on the Auris and they scratched the window right at the top where it slides inside the frame and to be honest no where near as good as the genuine Toyota ones I replaced them with from Australia (they where more JDM style). I would rather go without than buy Heko's again but these ones I have now are spot on and truth be known I would have paid a lot more for them now I have seen them in the flesh and I mean a lot more (£75 without blinking), this is why I thanked the seller and offered my photos for his advert as was well happy with price, quality and delivery times and everyone likes to see them fitted before you buy.

The knob sock is not one of cats Ian (H7LFW) used to sell them a few years ago and gave us a red one.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Ordered a set, cheers for the link

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ordered a set, cheers for the link

Your welcome and trust me I know a lot of people rave about the Heko ones but these are loads better and IMO a better fit by far. Just make sure you degrease the area were you stick these before sticking, a bit of petrol on a cloth will be fine ;)

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Thanks for the heads up rick

Just ordered a set to replace some Heko's i have on at the moment. Always liked the look of these and not convinced with the Heko's personally.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts