2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal behaviour of the car? In short, when travelling at motorway speeds (70+) the car feels a bit "nervous" and constant correction is needed (or feels like it's needed - not stable if you know what I mean)..
The other thing i noticed is slight pull to the right (subjective) under hard acceleration. I seem to have 2 different tyres on the front (one Nexen N6000 and one Bridgestone). Perhaps this is the reason ? The car had steering slightly crooked when I bought it, adjusted by dealer.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Mine (2.2) gets a bit twitchy at 110 (on my private track; in Kazakhstan?)
(tyres rated to 180mph)
But she's planted at 70!

As for the pulling, i would buy two new fronts, as it's never worth skimping on tires; just to be safe
At least stick the uneven ones on the back

It may also be worth getting an independent garage to set the tracking for you, i'm not a fan of dealerships (and i work for one!...)

good luck :)

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that's gonna be the next course of action. (2 new tyres and balancing / alignment)... I have a suspicion the previous owner popped one tyre and replaced with a different one.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
could be the tyre differences so change them to the best you can afford, also get a frs carried out! car will feel so much better at speed!

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
frs? sorry not familiar with it :)

My rear tyres are Nexen's too, good thread, is it reasonable to buy 2 different tyres for the front ? I was thinking Falkens 452 or 912.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
frs? sorry not familiar with it :)

My rear tyres are Nexen's too, good thread, is it reasonable to buy 2 different tyres for the front ? I was thinking Falkens 452 or 912.
i like to keep the tyres all the same on all 4 corners... in theory one tyre could be more gripper than the other and start pulling the car to that side??

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
what's the tyre's like on the back ? swap them round as a cheap alternative ;)

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i like to keep the tyres all the same on all 4 corners... in theory one tyre could be more gripper than the other and start pulling the car to that side??
What I meant was 2 x Falken on the front, and leave 2 x Nexens on the back :)

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
What I meant was 2 x Falken on the front, and leave 2 x Nexens on the back :)
ok i see what you meant :)

we can forget about tyres then...

alignment!!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Last edited by stoney; Today at 23:11. Reason: im a total retard
Love that "reason"!! Made me laugh so much the wife wanted to know what was so funny... :laugh:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I have Toyo tr1's all round and my type r felt smooth even at 141Mph (I was in Germany)

I agree with the other, get your front tyres changed

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
Before changing the tyres get the tracking done frs is best and wheels balanced also checking if any are buckled as all these would cause the problems you have, my guess is buckled wheel or tracking but when you need new tyres buy the best you can afford don't buy cheap.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts