2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peeps,

A local Police CID pulled me over in my Village last night and said that i should beware of Thieves going around looking for Type R's.

Apparently they drill a hole, 5" below the fuel cap but the CID don't know exactly why they do this as its not to pinch the Fuel.

Can anybody try to assist,

There have been 4 Civics that have a drill hole as mentioned above, WHY DO THEY DO THIS???

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my initial thought would be the central locking system, as the Type R fuel cap locks with the central locking and im sure its to short the circuit to open the doors!! Its worrying if it is!!!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I've no idea. There may be something we don't know about. There's an outer wing welded on to the body, with a void in between. Drill a hole 5" below the filler and you end up in the void close to the rear damper support.

Shame someone didn't tell them they had to drill a hole 5" into their heads in order to steal a CTR.

fuelline-20081207083459.png

rearwing-20081207081852.png

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Looks like there talking mince

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Or they could just be causing damage to the cars because they think it is funny, drilling the hole could be their calling card!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Or they could just be causing damage to the cars because they think it is funny, drilling the hole could be their calling card!
Seems a bit too specific for that.

·
Registered
610 Posts
They stopped you to "Warn" you???

Their reasons for spot checks are getting more and more stupid!:rolleyes:

Even if someone defeats the deadlocks the alarm will still be armed, plus the imobiliser.
Fact is you cant steal these cars without the keys, or a low loader!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
It could be to immobilise the alarm, they used to punch a hole in the rear light cluster of some vehicles with a screwdriver to stop the alarm going off......... perhaps something similar?

Tom

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Peeps,

A local Police CID pulled me over in my Village last night and said that i should beware of Thieves going around looking for Type R's.

Apparently they drill a hole, 5" below the fuel cap but the CID don't know exactly why they do this as its not to pinch the Fuel.

Can anybody try to assist,

There have been 4 Civics that have a drill hole as mentioned above, WHY DO THEY DO THIS???
Did they show you ID??? Did you (please say you didn't........) show them your driving licence.........

Sounds like a variation of the bump scam.......... I'd ring the old bill and ask if your 'stop check' was registered............ for those who don't know bout the bump scam, you get hit in traffic..... but very lightly..... you exchange details with the driver (home address etc........) usually a young 'innocent' girl then later on someone breaks into your house and steals your motor, her details turn out to be BS........... possible variation police stop to warn you ask to see your licence and et voila they got your home address and details :) or :-(

Tom

·
Registered
27 Posts
if there's any chance of damaging the central locking this would explain everything. in lithuania "fancy" cars get towed away to do this you at least need to remove the hand break and the gear; if wheels are straight the car is ready to go on the back of the truck. that's my version.

later on i suppose if porche's security can be overcome, honda is no exception only it takes time and skills in some garage...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
This does nt make sense as the petrol cap is cable driven and not electrical? You pull the lever, its not like pressing a button??? I've heard of people smashing the rear indicators to short the central locking on some cars but never with the fuel cap???

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
You are right in that the fuel cap is cable driven, but there is a second pin which is part of the central locking system. Idea is it stops your fuel being drained :)

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Sounds like a scam to me too. Local CID in an unmarked car of course... If you didn't get their ID it was a couple of crooks checking you out.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Sounds to me like they wanted to know where you live so they can come round and nick your car while you're asleep upstairs!

Call me paranoid.... :confused:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts