2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts
I test drover this while I was looking to replace me old EP2..test drove both cars and obviously prefered the FN2 as appose to the ZF1 (I think my head was always towards the FN2 tho *lol*) Anyways I still liked the ZF1 only downside was the rear seats as you would not be able to fit in it :( Nice tho..may have to get 1 for me lass :) hehe

I've got a CRZ Sport at the moment, had it for seven months and done 8K miles - great car but never got more than 40 mpg out of it - and I don't thrash it everywhere!
The main reasons for getting rid of it are:
Need a bit more space
Dissapointed with economy
Performance very average
Interior plastics flimsy - due to weight saving!

I will miss the headturning and attention it gets tho'

Oh and forgot to say I am replacing it with a Type S 1.8 GT - just waiting for it to be built!

yeah I seem to be getting about 35mpg...although I think I might have a dud car LOL

I think its just the way I drive though, to work and back is a mile round trip..

jammy get *lol* altho I can walk aswell but 15mins (depending what campus I'm based at)

The way the current country is going I dont think we will be allowed 60 mph in a couple of years time LOL

Trust me I would be in a CTR if I could get insured ;)

But I love the CRZ, looks so amazing, I didnt buy it for the MPG haha

I filled the car up last night, reset the trip meter...and on the way home watched the MPG reading go from 0...to 47 :D!
Wonder how long I can keep it there

Since we got the CRZ 3 weeks ago we have averaged 44mpg in that time but when you take into account all the short journey cold starts and my wife's up hill drive to work that is excellent. On a run / 12 miles one way open road we got very close to 60mpg with the cruise control set at the speed limit (50mph).

Any regrets?

Non the car handles very very good and gives great MPG while also look good and drop it in sport mode and the car does go very well, ok its not a R but most owners would be surprised for 120bhp but then again this only weighs around 1200kg compared to 1550 on an EP3 (dont know the new civic weight) so it does have an half decent power to weight ratio.

Non the car handles very very good and gives great MPG while also look good and drop it in sport mode and the car does go very well, ok its not a R but most owners would be surprised for 120bhp but then again this only weighs around 1200kg compared to 1550 on an EP3 (dont know the new civic weight) so it does have an half decent power to weight ratio.
You sure the EP3 weighs 1550kg? I thought it was more like 1350kg and the FN2 was about 50kg more. Maybe i'm smoking crack but sure the EP3 doesn't weigh that much, maybe i'm thinking dry weight.

You sure the EP3 weighs 1550kg? I thought it was more like 1350kg and the FN2 was about 50kg more. Maybe i'm smoking crack but sure the EP3 doesn't weigh that much, maybe i'm thinking dry weight.

yeah EP3 non AC was around 1495kg and with AC was around 1550kg, you will find your car weight on the chassis plate if you want to know.

I'm sure Honda could get better mpg from a more powerful engine.

One of the biggest wasters of fuel is large throttle openings and with more powerful engines unless you're thrashing them, often the low down torque and power mean you use less throttle in easy driving, so provided the engine is still economical as well as powerful, you often use less fuel.

Idefinately thinkt he way to go is the turbine as per Jaguar. However, I can't see governments allowing this as it would deoprive them of fuel duty if people could get cars they could run on practically anything.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.