2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired from a Golf GTi forum I was reading some months ago.

All the little tricks that the CTR does that others might not know about. Probably all listed in the owners book but I thought I would kick things off. Please feel free to add your findings!!

1) With the headlights on, pull up and stop the car, handbrake on, turn headlights off and then adjust dashboard lights to lowest level, put headlights back on and set off. Dashboard lights default back to bright setting.

2) Unlock car but do not open doors, car will self lock after 30(?) seconds.

3) Keep your finger on the radio ON/OFF button along with the interior fan button, radio has additional options (mine is a non-sat nav)

4) If you accidentally set off with handbrake on, display warns you to release handbrake

5) Display tells you who has seatbelt on in the back and who doesn't (only found this out this weekend!)

6) Pressing key fob lock button twice within 5 seconds allows 'Super' locking (dead locking)

7) I think this one is true: with wipers on Auto and constantly wiping screen, when you come to a stop, wipers do not wipe as often

Anyone else?

Ben.:)

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Not found launch control yet then? ;-)

Tom

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
7) I think this one is true: with wipers on Auto and constantly wiping screen, when you come to a stop, wipers do not wipe as often

This one is true. It also adjusts slightly depending on speed, but not as noticeable as on other car brands, such as Mitsubishi.

About number 6, exactly what is the difference between the two locking methods?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Lock one, window smashed doors can be unlocked and opened, click two door locks are locked further and held in place with magnets to prevent A). Window smash and open door, B). stops people slipping your door open with a jemmy.

Tom

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

This one is true. It also adjusts slightly depending on speed, but not as noticeable as on other car brands, such as Mitsubishi.

About number 6, exactly what is the difference between the two locking methods?

If you press the keyfob once, the doors lock and alarm is active however you can still open doors from inside.

Enter 'Super Lock' mode and doors become deadlocked i.e doors cannot be opened from inside. (in the event of a window smash etc)

Ben.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
None of these 'CTR tricks' are specific to a type R at the moment so here's one

8) Accelerate to about 5800 revs and hang on as the second cam kicks in :)

This makes sense as when you are stopped the rain drops are not moving as fast across the sensor.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I'm not sure about number 1) in relation to my CTR.

Starting the engine with the headlights on and dashboard dimmed makes the dashboard disappear completely.

I wasnt able to get the dashboard back without turning everything off and restarting with no headlights.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I'm not sure about number 1) in relation to my CTR.

Starting the engine with the headlights on and dashboard dimmed makes the dashboard disappear completely.

I wasnt able to get the dashboard back without turning everything off and restarting with no headlights.
All the models do this --

There are two settings - one with the lights off and one with the lights on ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

There are two settings - one with the lights off and one with the lights on ;)

Yep, I know that one but if you actually turn the brightness down to the lowest setting and then drive off, its defaults back to bright setting. I think its so that you can see speedo and rev counter. I'll try it again when I leave work and let you know the exact method.

Ok, just been out. You just need to keep your finger on the radio on button and then it displays 'AF1' Alternative Frequency perhaps??

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
all true and ive experienced all of them...even the handbrake one hehe oops

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ok, just been out. You just need to keep your finger on the radio on button and then it displays 'AF1' Alternative Frequency perhaps??
ah, i knew that but thanks for checking, it was the hold down with the fan button that had me confused, was expecting an extra stash of goodies in there!

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
3) Keep your finger on the radio ON/OFF button along with the interior fan button, radio has additional options (mine is a non-sat nav)
huh? What extra options?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts