2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guy's think of the astra nurburgring Vauxhall Astra Nurburgring Edition has anyone test driven the standard Astra vxr before buying there CTR...... before buying my CTR i thought about buying an vxr but was put of by its poor interior its a shame really bcoz such a good looking car and the interior is pants!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I saw an Astra VXR live for the first time about a week ago and I was impressed by the body shape, but, I agree, the interior is standard Vauxhall c**p!

(I won't be buying one of those then!)[smilie=tongue.gif]

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I test drove the VXR before buying my 1.8 EX!

The VXR is impressively QUICK. In fact one of the deciding factors for me as I know I'd end up with points and posibly a ban. It is like when I go out on my bike: I go out with good intentions, get half mile down the road, the horns come out of my helmet and before you know it, warp factor three has been reached! Adrenaline is very addictive.

The other reason I didn't go for one was there have been a few local (Manchester area) owners that have had them took off them, by thieves, usually by extreme force. One local owner had his took after the thieves walked into his home, during the evening, threated him and his wife with knives, before taking the keys and the car off his drive.

My wife uses the car more than me and I know it would be a matter of time before they followed her into a supermarket car park, or to school etc, and it would be gone. Very sad world we live in today when that is what you have to think of before deciding what car to buy.

There have been mention of fingerprint recognition ignitions recently. I shudder to think of what the theiving t**ts will do then[smilie=hate.gif]

·
Registered
110 Posts
What will they do next? Recently had a spate of break ins to cars in my area. It was mainly to older cars and they were after stereos and sat navs. When they were caught they had a little strong air bag and a miny compressor which they put in the top of the door and inflate the bag, it forces open the door just enough to get a slim jim in! Believe one of the recovery companies use it as well! Trouble is owners make it easy for them. Remove the sat nav, leave the holder on the front screen. May as well leave a big notice "my sat navs in the glove box!!! They also forget to clean the ring mark off the screen, another invatation. Come the revolution, got a spot already marked out on the old firing squad wall for the beggers!!:mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts