2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may remember me from a few months ago, my wife had the Championship White Type R #491 which caught fire.

I had phone call I had from Aylesbury Honda that they bought the car from Honda UK but were unaware of it catching fire.

They phoned me up to ask if I had the spare key and why we had sold it with such low mileage!!!

I could hear the salemans jaw hit his desk when I told him about it catching fire.

So if anyone has bought it this is just to make you aware of the history of the car which I am sure will not have been pointed out to you if you bought it.

Any more details needed just pm me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They offered to replace it but we didnt want another one. My wife is delighted with her BMW 130i M Sport auto. We never even had an apology from Honda UK and were never told what caused the problem, but I did find out from the salesman that when they took the sump off the car parts of the engine had disintergrated and chunks of metal fell out on the floor.

I just feel bad Honda UK has passed this car onto a dealer and not made them, or potential future owners aware of the history which I think is disgusting.

crikey ! at least honda did the decent thing and replaced it. not sure many other dealers would do that

·
Registered
79 Posts
TBF it looks like it was almost exclusively the engine at fault. Replacing the engine will resolve the issue. It's not like the whole car was faulty. If they replace the engine, then problem solved!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Your right problem solved by replacing the engine, but what about hidden damage to other areas of the car that may not show up straight away and may only be affected after time like rubber seals,electrical cables, underseal and the paint on the rear of the car when flames came out of the exhausts. The floor of the car was so hot the fireman wanted to put his hose up the exhausts to cool it down.

Now if you had that knowledge about a car you were about to buy for upwards of £19000 would you still buy it? I think not!

The person who is buying or bought it has been badly mislead at the very least.

TBF it looks like it was almost exclusively the engine at fault. Replacing the engine will resolve the issue. It's not like the whole car was faulty. If they replace the engine, then problem solved!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts