2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm nearly ready to leave the wife. Having finally allowed the woman to drive, i now have 3 heavly curbed alloys any ideas were to get these changed or fixed or even were i can pick them up cheap somewhere.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Are you sure she hasn't found any naughty texts on your mobile?

I guess you should ask her to do the last one too though. At least that way you'll have a matching set :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know the feeling. I have just badly kerbed two of mine on my drive when half asleep going to work:confused: I have been to chips away and quoted £120 for the two which was better than a local body shop who charged me £80 when I had my old car repaired. I guess it depends on the damage, but £50 + vat a wheel seems the going rate.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I have just done a 2nd one, in about a week.:(
Not my fault;), I blame it on the low profile tyres, which only give about 63mm from road surface to rim.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
not bragging or anything but i have never kerbed an alloy in my life. I am always ultra careful. If needs be i pull in not that close to kerb and just edge my way in. May take a little longer but that does not bother me when it saves me money.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Neither have I mate, in ALL the years that I have been driving.
But since buying me Civic 5-6 weeks ago, it seems to be a done deal, like the wheels are out to get me.;)

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
hey guys, get this, had my civic since March and done my fair few mods now, first time i let my partner (fiance) drive, she kerbs it..... and says - ''some one had to do it''
i was p*ssed off for the next hour...no joke

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
hey guys, get this, had my civic since March and done my fair few mods now, first time i let my partner (fiance) drive, she kerbs it..... and says - ''some one had to do it''
i was p*ssed off for the next hour...no joke
Someone had to do it? I would have been pee'd off for more than an hour, but thats love for you I guess

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I've done 3 of my Storms now :( :oops:

I blame the uneven curbs we have round here, and the narrow roads which mean you park close to the edge or risk a wing mirror.
Or it could be the low profile tyres.
Or the potholes.
Or sun spots.

or something.

Definately not my parking though! :lol: :wink: :oops:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
PS - yes, chipsaway seem to be the best bet round here - although they are a franchise, so there is the potential for some being better than others.

Not sure about the Rages, but sometimes it's difficult to get an exact colour match, so you might need to do all 4 instead of 3 - depending on how close they can get :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mines managed to kerb 2 of the alloys as well and for a laugh I though I would phone the stealer to get a price as Id been quoted £60 each from chips away and they quoted me £50, so its always worth a try.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts