2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Am thinking of maybe getting an exhaust made for a 2006 civic 1.8, But all I can find are places like powerflow exhausts which are normally very commercial and over-priced.

So does any body know of anywhere could get one made up specially for my car in the Cheshire area? Also any idea on prices for a custom made exhaust either just back box for little extra noice or full system?

Hope someone can help thanks,

Ieuan

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
probably would have been better posting this in the engine and transmission section where theres a lot of exhaust threads. this section is for mod projects :) as your from cheshire, you could speak to ABP, they have a section in the commercial section

·
Aye Aye....
7,104 Posts
Wee bit of a treck for you but I had mines made by Willie at Meercat exhausts in Kilbirnie up here (wee village just outside Glasgow) guy made exhausts for Colin mcraes rally cars really knows his stuff, if your willing to travel he's your man

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been looking at jp exhausts website looks like they do a good job and done jobs for good cars, so will take a drive down there.

Anybody know a rough estimate on how much a custom exhaust would cost? or is it like how long is a piece of string.

And sadly meercat exhausts is like 4 and half hours away little to far for me, cheers anyway tho.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
I'm sure they build great exhausts but they need someone to update their website -

"Colin McRae
If you don't know who Colin McRae is then you have no right being on this website! The Scottish rally legend is a regular visitor at Meercat Exhausts as we have been building exhaust and manifold system for his rally cars for a number of years now. Being one of the most demanding drivers in the world means that everytime he starts his engine our custom stainless steel exhaust system is put through the most torturous of drives. If our systems can stand up to the challenge of a WRC superstar then you can be assured that your own car's system will stand up to whatever you can throw at it."

The great mans been dead since September 2007 and they talk as if he still pops in, quite shameful

·
Aye Aye....
7,104 Posts
Last time I spoke to him he was saying he's getting a new one built and getting stuff set up on fb, but then when your busy building systems for GTR's and Ferrari's who cares about the website ;)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Been looking at jp exhausts website looks like they do a good job and done jobs for good cars, so will take a drive down there.

Anybody know a rough estimate on how much a custom exhaust would cost? or is it like how long is a piece of string.

And sadly meercat exhausts is like 4 and half hours away little to far for me, cheers anyway tho.
JP quoted me £450 for a single exit. Have a word with Blue Flame too? I have a friend of a friend there and was told they'd sort me out.

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
JP quoted me £450 for a single exit. Have a word with Blue Flame too? I have a friend of a friend there and was told they'd sort me out.
The proof is in the pudding. I don't put any out tat on my car as ££ is never an issue. I have a Jp on my car!! Also I have to say the quality of the TDI fabrication and welds are staggering considering how long they've been in this perticular game.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
The proof is in the pudding. I don't put any out tat on my car as ££ is never an issue. I have a Jp on my car!! Also I have to say the quality of the TDI fabrication and welds are staggering considering how long they've been in this perticular game.
Saw this exhaust the other week when up with Staffs having his baffled sump fitted and it looked quality, sounded good too! So in answer to OP I don't think you would be disappointed in going to JP for one. :)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
The level of service I received from just an enquiry is proof they're worth dealing with. Within hours of emailing them they called me back to discuss options. Currently saving so I can get one made, and I think they'll be my first port of call. All my biking contacts pointed me in their direction.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
:)
saw this exhaust the other week when up with staffs having his baffled sump fitted and it looked quality, sounded good too! So in answer to op i don't think you would be disappointed in going to jp for one. :)
+1 :)

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah will end up going to both getting couple of quotes as both tdi and jp look great places to go.

never heard of blue flame though may have to check them out aswell, as ££ is sadly a problem for me being just an apprentice :(

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I ended up going with Longlife exhaust in Hoole Chester.
Must say I am very happy with them, got a custom made exhaust for £180 and it comes with a lifetime warranty for aslong as you own the car.
I went for the mid-sport which sounds great when its warm, but will be getting the centre taken out so its straight centre.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well got the centre cut out today, and I personally love the sound as get few pops when come off the throttle or when you change down.
It isn't loud enough to annoy you (my opinion) will try and upload couple of pictures and video if i know how.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.