2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
261 - 265 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi!
I´m sorry for my english, this is dificult for me.
Actually, I´m testing with a tablet becouse i dont want disassemble my car again. The seller of aliexpress, he sent their specific app and his name is MS9120.
If you want, send me the apk alterd and i will test. Another problem is the resolution, it is very slow. I bought this one (link rca to hdmi) and i better the resolution, but is not perfect. Mi head unit is joying running Android 4.4.4 I know that is very old, four years ago, but work perfectly and I don´t hope buy a new one.

by the way, I´m having problems with the clock in arduino. Can you tell me if in your car work fine with connects2 when you will buy it or if you use other metod?
My car is 2.2 year 2010

Thanks!
Hi! No worries, your English is great! c: I am honestly surprised that you managed to get it working, my headunit is running Android 10, and as far as I know this is the only supported version for the adapter. That is exactly why I got the USB to AV instead of HDMI, the HDMI is extremely slow, but the AV one workes smoothly, (as far as I saw on YouTube). About the MS app, the APK it was corrupted and didn't install. I just picked up all the parts from the post office, and I'm gonna redesign the Nextion tomorrow. If it will work well (I hope it does) I'll send my design here. Regarding the clock, I'm not using connects2, and honestly with the clock, you really need to only set it up once, if you have trouble with it, I suggest that you run a script setting up the clock, and install everything in the car. Here is a YouTube vid on how to do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi! No worries, your English is great! c: I am honestly surprised that you managed to get it working, my headunit is running Android 10, and as far as I know this is the only supported version for the adapter. That is exactly why I got the USB to AV instead of HDMI, the HDMI is extremely slow, but the AV one workes smoothly, (as far as I saw on YouTube). About the MS app, the APK it was corrupted and didn't install. I just picked up all the parts from the post office, and I'm gonna redesign the Nextion tomorrow. If it will work well (I hope it does) I'll send my design here. Regarding the clock, I'm not using connects2, and honestly with the clock, you really need to only set it up once, if you have trouble with it, I suggest that you run a script setting up the clock, and install everything in the car. Here is a YouTube vid on how to do it.
Great! hope your news!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everyone! I've installed the HVAC screen today, here is how it looks, love the vibe. I went with a bit different approach to fitting it into the stock casing, instead of cutting the plastic housing, I've cut the PCB of the screen, where the bottom mounting holes are, and so it slid in as if it was stock, to cover the sides I used the soft material that was used inside of the Nextion box. My next step is the big screen, the display itself is the perfect fit if you look from the outside, yet I'll need to do some heavy modifications to the original metal housing to get it installed. After that, installing it won't take that much time. I'm thinking more and more about the HFT buttons, I'm thinking of connecting them all together (there are 4 of them and 1 ground) and connect them to my spare key2 wire. Should work in theory idk. Nevertheless happy with the result so far!

Attachments

261 - 265 of 265 Posts