2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi to all Civic owners,

I am running a project to manufacture a custom hvac audio display for my non satnav civic mk8(2010 Model)

I am planing to use a 2.8 Nextion HMI TFT LCD display and a microcontroller board like stm32 or arduino

İdea is simle,
1) connect the microcontroller (stm32 or arduino) to the audio display connector of the car
2) read data coming to the connector pins when a hvac button is pressed or released
3) send a command to the TFT lcd to show an icon or text depending on the value of data

my tft lcd sketch is like below
Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

and this is the pinout diagram of original display
https://www.civinfo.com/wiki/images/5/5b/Nav-audio.jpg

it will be fitted in the sub audio display section of a factory satnav screen and I will use the main satnav screen for something else (reverse cam, video, maybe an external navigation)

I know how to run tft lcd, but I'm not sure which pin to read and how to read tha data (is it analog, digital, voltage, resistance etc)

If I can get some help about it, I will share everytihg I got about this project for everyone willing to try it

Main screen task is already completed( the main screen allways shows navigation interface even if you switch to other menus on the head unit):

sub audio display is the last task
Not sure if it helps, but here is a link of the datasheet for the chip that drives both Non-SatNav and SatNav HVAC screens: datasheet.pdf

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok here is the news
it seems reading data from display connector is useless,this connector carries special data just fabrication display needs
the main data source is the climate control unit mcu
I have very promising improvment about reading data from there
I am waiting for my iso cable to arrive for begining the test on the car
I beleive I am about to succeed my project very soon
You have to wait until then

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Reading climate data from car...DONE
Sending climate data to nextion lcd...DONE
Reading data from Steering Wheel Buttons...DONE
Setting clock from SW Buttons...DONE (just the clock, no date because of lack of space on lcd screen)
Put all together to install into the car..IN PROGRESS

·
Registered
307 Posts
Very excited to see this all hooked up! Truly a massive feat if you get it to work.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts