2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

As a man who loves a good stereo system but who hates paying high Honda prices for a brand i have never heard of, i have taken it on my self to fit a new ICE system using premium components like JL audio and Alpine.

I have been dabbling in car audio installs for a good few years and have come across some very knowledgeable people who really know how to get the best out of a sub.

There is one man inparticular called John (i am sure many will know him)who used to be based in wolverhampton and who ran a company called the bass factory. John once told me you can have the best sub in the world and have it in a ***** halfords box and it will be terrible, he then backed this up with a ***** mutant sub in his own boxes and it sounded epic.

long story cut short i have bee trying to get a box made up and John passed me on to a new comapny, subsequently i ahve been down and had the civic kitted out with a twin under rear bench sub box using 2 jl audio 6w3v3's and an alpine pdx 4.150 amp the box has been made to fit snuggly under the seat and look an intergral part of the car. John told me that having the subs in that position gives a better sound stage rather than utilising the space in the boot which can be very hard to get right.

I have an offer to all of us that want to upgrade the system i can get the boxes made up and delivered for £110 i will post pictures when its installed but please let me know if your interested

·
Never tap!
792 Posts
Hi Shepo,

How much does the speakers/amp cost mate as an example?
May get rid of my low profile dual sub by pioneer in the boot.

Cheers
James

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went bargain hunting on the good ol' ebay for the amp, but you can get the subs new from car audio security (ok not the cheapes i know) for £113 each Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers
and that amp for £280
Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers

other amps will do the trick but as i said i went bargain hunting

but i have seen them as low as £75 from a shop and even less on ebay

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
Looks great.

I miss my sub. Since I changed car my missus doesn't want most of the boot space in the Civic used up with my Sub (12" Kenwood). She would go that setup though.

I don't suppose the rear seats will still fold down ok though will they ? Doesn't really matter if they don't as the rear seat in my last car didn't fold down either but it would be a bonus if it did.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no they can't with it in situe but i requested that the 2 boxes are separate to the front panel (screwed together with 5 screws per box) so it can easily be removed if the full luggage space is needed but saying that even when screwed together it should be removable as one anyway one way to find out!

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
327 Posts
:popcorn:
fitted pics would be awesome.. having trouble visualising them in place.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts