2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
I know it's silly and wish I had a Type- R but can it be done? and what performance improvements am I looking at? or any other mods which will improve the performance?

Cheers,

Tom
Anything can be done with enough money but your looking at big money!!!! Different Ecu flash pro exhaust clutch maybe gearbox not sure in ratios etc custom manifolds exhausts lots lots lots

Unless you can fit yourself at a bare minimum to save cash ad have friends in the trade of fabrication I wouldn't wouldn't be cost effective!

Maybe pm some of the Greeks who have 1.8 turbos.

Modding standard 1.4 tbh you'll get no gains if 1 or 2hp if you want nice noise get a Custom exhaust

·
< User Title Goes Here >
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything can be done with enough money but your looking at big money!!!! Different Ecu flash pro exhaust clutch maybe gearbox not sure in ratios etc custom manifolds exhausts lots lots lots

Unless you can fit yourself at a bare minimum to save cash ad have friends in the trade of fabrication I wouldn't wouldn't be cost effective!

Maybe pm some of the Greeks who have 1.8 turbos.

Modding standard 1.4 tbh you'll get no gains if 1 or 2hp if you want nice noise get a Custom exhaust
Looks like I will just wait a couple of years for a FN2 then .. ha

But yeah Was thinking about the exhaust next ;)

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Looks like I will just wait a couple of years for a FN2 then .. ha

But yeah Was thinking about the exhaust next ;)
Go to power flow they'll sort you for a few hundred :)

Yes even with a turbo the pace of the 1.4 from stock is mighty slow and unless you have it some serious boost and serious money it's barely going to warm your feet let alone blow your socks off :(

·
< User Title Goes Here >
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to power flow they'll sort you for a few hundred :)

Yes even with a turbo the pace of the 1.4 from stock is mighty slow and unless you have it some serious boost and serious money it's barely going to warm your feet let alone blow your socks off :(
Thanks for the info buddy, noticed your from Reading have you had a powerflow done? any places to recommend ?

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Thanks for the info buddy, noticed your from Reading have you had a powerflow done? any places to recommend ?
I have had a power flow exhaust made and I'm extatic.i took it all way to Southampton one as they had good reviews and wasn't disappointed spent all day loitering with them doing it watching. Having a good crack!

Go Southampton if your not a million miles away well worth it for customer service I picked those over one that's about 15 miles away!

·
< User Title Goes Here >
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had a power flow exhaust made and I'm extatic.i took it all way to Southampton one as they had good reviews and wasn't disappointed spent all day loitering with them doing it watching. Having a good crack!

Go Southampton if your not a million miles away well worth it for customer service I picked those over one that's about 15 miles away!
Thats not too far for me :D great buddy cheers

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Thats not too far for me :D great buddy cheers
When you turn up you'll think what a s&*t hole.

But they are proper mechanics ones who aren't scared to jack a car up to do the pads if ramps are busy.

Serve you the customer tea in a filthy cup and toilet is nasty as all they care about if fixing the cars and doing it well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts