2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody :eek:

If someone has acces to the FN2 Type R CV joints (driveshafts), could you let me know the size of the clamps of the inner and outer CV joints?

I need it as soon as possible, I cannot get these sizes by myself at the moment as I have not access to my car lift these days.

Or if somebody can confirm me if the size of the inner/outer clamps and boots are similar to the EP3 Type R ones, it would be very helpful.

Also, I am trying to find "online" no OEM CV boot joint kits for the FN2 (cheaper than OEM), but no luck...

Many thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answer mate. Yes, you are very right ;)

I have checked these diagrams before. But do you know what happened? My fail was that I saw for example the outer clamps on the FN2 were 11 - 13 diagram references, and 8 - 9 for the EP3. Without comparing OEM part numbers... :rolleyes:

I also use this same catalog for all my part numbers checks. But this time I failed. Hehehehe.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehehe. Yes, I have found cheaper prices online. The kits are for the EP3 Type R.

There is no necessity of buying these spares from Honda, while the non OEM boots are made of good quality "rubber" and the clamps meet the requeriments, all is ok. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.