2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
the clicking noise i have is not the sub frame, it turns out to be the CV joint, i'm not paying Honda prices, what make would you recommend, Autodoc have quite a few different manufacturers, i just want to know which you all think would be the best to buy, Thanks(y)

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
after genuine parts they are pretty much the same
the questions are how much do you want to spend , how long do you plan on keeping the car and how many miles do you think you will cover ?

any CV joint should be good for at least 50,000 + miles if your not ragging it everywhere so take it from there
if you average about 10,000 miles per year there's gonna be at least 5 years life in it

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not sure if you got this done or not, but J&R Driveshafts are only £50 a side on ebay and it will be quicker (and cleaner) to change the whole shaft than just the joint.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Check Autodoc they have a number of cv joint makes and prices.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check Autodoc they have a number of cv joint makes and prices.
Thanks Tricky, I've had a look just not sure yet what to go for, it sounds like just the drivers side has gone, i'm thinking of doing them both though while i have the suspension done

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here is the eBay links:

I bought and fit these with no problems. Went straight on. Just remember to grease the ends going into the gearbox so it's not a 'dry' fit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts