2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm after a CW FN2, full service history and 3 or less previous owners. I assume all Championship Whites come with all the mod-cons and LSD, so Im not specifically searching adverts for those features. AutoTrader is coming up around £10K for most of them. Is this about right or do I have some bartering power?

·
Enjoying life
8,562 Posts
Need to be more specific of what year, mileage etc. They can be 5 to 15 grand.

·
Enjoying life
8,562 Posts
One in Bicester for 8150 on ebay. 66K, 3 owners and fsh.

·
Enjoying life
8,562 Posts

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Personally, I don't worry about number of owners. People seem to change their cars a lot more these days. I would imagine those guards would come off ok.
Found most Rs either have 1-2 loving owners or multiple short owned ones that buy then can't afford to run it.

Believe me, I looked at about 30 before getting this one!

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can the mud guards be simply removed? Colour coding them would leave a 'raised spot' where they are i assume.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found most Rs either have 1-2 loving owners or multiple short owned ones that buy then can't afford to run it.

Believe me, I looked at about 30 before getting this one!
That's the bit that worries me, thats 2 owners that have loved it and 2 short owners that might have thrashed it (for arguments sake). Although surely if its FSH it should theoretically be as reliable as the rest?

·
Enjoying life
8,562 Posts
As with any second hand car you'll never really know. You could see a one owner car but owned by someone who was not very good at remembering to put oil in it.

·
4,279 Posts
That's the bit that worries me, thats 2 owners that have loved it and 2 short owners that might have thrashed it (for arguments sake). Although surely if its FSH it should theoretically be as reliable as the rest?
True with all cars unfortunately.

Good thing about these however are that they are bullet proof and the common faults are just niggles that I fixed most myself.

The big ones to check for are:
- Gearbox - crunch, grind, popping out gears
- Supercharged - if it's looked after, no reason why charging it should cause an issue but just look to see if it's been highly modified, ragged and then put back to stock. Good signs are cleaner than usual bolts around inlet and Throttle Body. Seen a couple, spotted them and then owner decided to tell me it had been charged in the past...
- Ran low on oil - Another that may be hard to check for but these cars require a nice supply of good oil, mine drinks the stuff. Do the usual oil checks and make sure it's topped up and not low, shows that the owner kept on top of it (hopefully). Do not hand money over without at least getting it into VTEC, looked at one dog that ran super rough when hitting VTEC.

Mine had alot of the usual R niggles; top mounts, drop links, mouldy rear lights, clicking clutch pedal, faulty folding mirrors etc knocked price off accordingly and fixed in a weekend :)

·
4,279 Posts

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Can the mud guards be simply removed? Colour coding them would leave a 'raised spot' where they are i assume.
Yes, and when they are off you would see the original trim/paint so you'd never know.

·
Enjoying life
8,562 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Silver cars don't do it for me I'm afraid. I'll go to look at the CW over the weekend I think. Like you said, 4 'good' owners and FSH, it might be spotless.

·
Enjoying life
8,562 Posts
Silver is easier to clean ;)
Silver car with tints looks awesome, but agree that the white is nice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts