2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Ive just noticed a thread saying the CW CTR had revised VSA settings, Is this true? If so were the settings revised due to the LSD?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Hello,

Ive just noticed a thread saying the CW CTR had revised VSA settings, Is this true? If so were the settings revised due to the LSD?
Yeah I've just seen that too, its news to me!

VSA is for wimps anyway! Man up Ash and switch it off! :D

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is off, I kept it off since i fitted LSD. Im wondering if the revised vsa is linked to lsd maybe i should try get my settings changed?

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
i would think the revised VSA settings would be due to the car having an LSD fitted as standard. the vsa needs to be off on our cars in order for the diff to work, so the champ white's vsa must be set different so the diff will work even if its still turned on? yes no?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i thought, think it would be beneficial for us to update our vsa settings?

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts
Eyup, you've seen a thread where? On here or another forum?

Links. ;)

I think the answer might be to phone or email Honda. If I'm honest though, I don't think they will update the VSA program if there is a different one as there may be other factors, for example if the sensors have changed in the facelift period when the LSD cars were coming out (CW were the first facelifts in effect as they had the HIDs, ipod stuff etc).

Also the LSDs you have fitted are a different spec to the Honda one, so the program still may not suit.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill ask Tim at Honda Colchester tomorrow

·
Mugenised C/W
936 Posts
Eyup, you've seen a thread where? On here or another forum?

Links. ;)

I think the answer might be to phone or email Honda. If I'm honest though, I don't think they will update the VSA program if there is a different one as there may be other factors, for example if the sensors have changed in the facelift period when the LSD cars were coming out (CW were the first facelifts in effect as they had the HIDs, ipod stuff etc).

Also the LSDs you have fitted are a different spec to the Honda one, so the program still may not suit.
I think you are spot on with your answer.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How? Using what software? Was my opinion.
Honda I'm sure are able to change the ECU, Flashpro might be able to do it also. Will look later.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Mugenised C/W
936 Posts
Honda I'm sure are able to change the ECU, Flashpro might be able to do it also. Will look later.

I do not think Honda wil update Vsa for reasons already stated .i.e non oem lsds and there is no option in flash pro.

I have a CW and it works fine. On the other hand Mugen disable vsa due to the changes they make concerning ecu that they use.

Not am issue if you are aware of it switched on or not.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do not think Honda wil update Vsa for reasons already stated .i.e non oem lsds and there is no option in flash pro.

I have a CW and it works fine. On the other hand Mugen disable vsa due to the changes they make concerning ecu that they use.

Not am issue if you are aware of it switched on or not.
Ill ask tomorrow. Tim may not know but im sure he can ask the correct people

·
Mugenised C/W
936 Posts
Ill ask tomorrow. Tim may not know but im sure he can ask the correct people
That will be someone I work with them:rolleyes:
You seem to have an issue with anything I post?
No worries not worth the hassle just trying to share info.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That will be someone I work with them:rolleyes:
You seem to have an issue with anything I post?
No worries not worth the hassle just trying to share info.
I have no issues with anyone on this forum, infact i have met and get on very well with a large number of people on here.

I agree it is unlikely they will update the VSA side of things, and i bet the update coincides with other hardware changes.

No harm will come from asking. Infact [email protected] may be able to tell me, Ill ask him.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts