2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps,

I am on the market possibly looking for a CW with Sat Nav / Bluetooth.

But i cant find one! even with most standard FN2 type R they are so rare.

Now my knowledge of these extras isnt great, so are they just really rare? were they really expensive as extras? or just not looking hard enough. Even looking at gallery pictures i cant see any! :confused:

:)

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Please don't waste your time money matey the stereo/sat nav combo fitted into the 06-09 was out of date then and by today's standards is almost antique - plus the stereos internal quality is akin to that found inside a kinder suprise toy. Get a standard CW then add a pioneer/Sony touch screen with built in Tom Tom. Sound quality will be massively improved and the dash will look great - plus the fact you won't have a useless DVD player in the glovebox.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Please don't waste your time money matey the stereo/sat nav combo fitted into the 06-09 was out of date then and by today's standards is almost antique - plus the stereos internal quality is akin to that found inside a kinder suprise toy. Get a standard CW then add a pioneer/Sony touch screen with built in Tom Tom. Sound quality will be massively improved and the dash will look great - plus the fact you won't have a useless DVD player in the glovebox.
Believe me I take your point but the OP might be after one for the integration with the other car systems and the fact that its more 'eye level' ..... maybe?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
The OEM Nav is not that bad, OK it's an older system and not 3D, but with the 3.52/3.60 software upgrade the graphics are better, the routing is on a par with TomTom and the TMC (Traffic) is excellent.. and free :)

The audio is not great, but again on a par with most manufactures basic OEM units and sufficient for the majority of drivers as most of us are not audiophiles. It can be improved fairly cheaply with a decent sub and speaker upgrade if you want... let's be honest, most of just want a bit more bass...

The 09+ have the addition of phone book integration (big deal) and usb/aux in which works well... pre 09's can have aux in fitted quite cheaply with a Dension, Xcarlink, Connects2.

Plus you can add a Reversing Cam, DVD, TV etc. too

As gadgetman said, the OEM screen is better positioned IMHO and fitting a double did brings other benefits, but can be a big and expensive job to fit especially to get the steering wheel controls and AC/clock display to work.

·
Born Fighter
542 Posts
I have a TYPE R GT with sat nav and HFT and it is a brilliant system to use and looks the dogs in the vehicle, the ability to use all the controls via voice recognition is als useful.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The OEM Nav is not that bad, OK it's an older system and not 3D, but with the 3.52/3.60 software upgrade the graphics are better, the routing is on a par with TomTom and the TMC (Traffic) is excellent.. and free :)

The audio is not great, but again on a par with most manufactures basic OEM units and sufficient for the majority of drivers as most of us are not audiophiles. It can be improved fairly cheaply with a decent sub and speaker upgrade if you want... let's be honest, most of just want a bit more bass...

The 09+ have the addition of phone book integration (big deal) and usb/aux in which works well... pre 09's can have aux in fitted quite cheaply with a Dension, Xcarlink, Connects2.

Plus you can add a Reversing Cam, DVD, TV etc. too

As gadgetman said, the OEM screen is better positioned IMHO and fitting a double did brings other benefits, but can be a big and expensive job to fit especially to get the steering wheel controls and AC/clock display to work.
How do i get the latest upgrade ?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
My CW and Leigh's has the built-in satnav. I'm sure there's more than just two of them with it built-in but not sure where they are :p

It's not the best satnav in the world but it's far from awful. Plus I'd take built-in rather than a windscreen stick on jobby any day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A eye level sat nav would be good but its just i dont really fancy buying another stereo with the sat nav and stuff with it just rather have it fully equipped with manufacturers equipment etc so if i do ever need to sell it i think it will be more desirable. Plus i cant really complain about antique sat nav systems as my one is the original tom tom one which is roughly 6 - 7 years old and still works a treat :)

Had a look Leighs car and that is a beauty isnt it :)

also does all models of the C/W have the usb aux ports or just 09+ ? im :s

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Just the 09+ have it as standard... Some earlier ones (all 8G Civics) may have had the dealer fitted optional iPod lead (but is pants compared to the 09+ kit lol)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Just the 09+ have it as standard... Some earlier ones (all 8G Civics) may have had the dealer fitted optional iPod lead (but is pants compared to the 09+ kit lol)
+1

Only MY09+ Civics have the USB and AUX inputs. All CWs are MY09+.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Mine has the built in Sat Nav/Bluetooth and I love it ! Far better than my Tom Tom that I use at work.

I seem to recall when I ordered it the dealer struggled to find one and told me out of the so called 600 built only 100 had the sat nav built in.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I seem to recall when I ordered it the dealer struggled to find one and told me out of the so called 600 built only 100 had the sat nav built in.
That's more than I thought to be fair.

As someone mentioned above, I haven't even seen many normal CTRs with satnav.

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
That's more than I thought to be fair.
Well it was a salesman who told me so no doubt he could be way out !

Im considering selling mine soon but doubt I could get a decent price these days :(

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Well it was a salesman who told me so no doubt he could be way out !

Im considering selling mine soon but doubt I could get a decent price these days :(
I got mine for £11.5k a month ago. 09 with 35k miles. Which I thought was a bargain considering the satnav and the couple of optional extras it has.

I think you should get at least £11k selling privately for similar age and milage.

Become a Supporter & find out :cool:
Or buy it from Honda for £200+.....

I know what I'd do ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got mine for £11.5k a month ago. 09 with 35k miles. Which I thought was a bargain considering the satnav and the couple of optional extras it has.

I think you should get at least £11k selling privately for similar age and milage.

Did you buy this from independent dealers or was it a Honda garage? I am trying to find the car on the Honda website but seems to be always down.

Sounds like a good deal you got as aswell plus was this the dealer listed price?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts

Did you buy this from independent dealers or was it a Honda garage? I am trying to find the car on the Honda website but seems to be always down.

Sounds like a good deal you got as aswell plus was this the dealer listed price?
Got it from Honda Grantham.

That was the listed price and they gave me a very good deal trade in as well so didn't bother bargaining on it. Just got Type R mats and tax thrown in.

·
The White Knight
1,486 Posts
I own a 09 Orignal CW Limited Edition Type R with SatNav and HFT and its brlliant trust me better than the T model my friend as a 11 Plate Type S with Touch screen and he hates it and so do i as its distracting unlike the older Sat Nav built in models i dont know why Honda did this but it was total fail

1 - 20 of 21 Posts