2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
How on earth did you guys manage to remove the a pillar trim?

I've been able to get at least one black clip out in the middle but there seems to be a white/black clip at the top that just won't come out???

·
Registered
88 Posts
How on earth did you guys manage to remove the a pillar trim?

I've been able to get at least one black clip out in the middle but there seems to be a white/black clip at the top that just won't come out???
I had the same problem. Only the middle clip popped out. It's a tight squeeze but you should be able to sand the paint away from under the trim and attach the antenna.

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
I had the same problem. Only the middle clip popped out. It's a tight squeeze but you should be able to sand the paint away from under the trim and attach the antenna.
Thanks, you were right the whole thing does not need to come off managed to do it in the end with just the middle clip loose.

·
My sticker's crooked
472 Posts
Isn't it possible to just splice into the ground cable for the HU? Or will this mess anything up?
The grounding strip for the DAB antenna is attached directly to its little black box, I'm not sure it's possible to open up the box and somehow get a grounding wire in there. It seems unlikely.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Also, I'm not getting many DAB channels, getting ones like Radio 1 and 2 and Radio X but nothing like Kerrang etc

I've fitted the aerial up the passenger side pillar to the glass

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Also, I'm not getting many DAB channels, getting ones like Radio 1 and 2 and Radio X but nothing like Kerrang etc

I've fitted the aerial up the passenger side pillar to the glass
Kerrang doesn't exist on DAB anymore. I've been listening to planet rock and absolute classic rock. Best on there since kerrang and team rock both focus on online radio now.

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That explains that!

How many channels should I be looking to get though, I think I've about 20-25
This should give you a good idea of what you'll get in your area. I think I get about that but my postcode isn't the best for DAB.

http://www.ukdigitalradio.com/coverage/postcodesearch/

If you're getting much less than you expect, then I'd be asking if you grounded your aerial. My pioneer one had a sticky pad which I had to stick to metal under the headlining (or the passenger a pillar in your case).

Hope that helps! I was gutted when I fitted mine and realised kerrang had pulled from DAB. Getting something on radio for times I didn't want to muck on with phone was the deciding factor!

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
It's not grounded............no idea how that happened but I was a bit rushed at the end of the install.

Going to get a hairdryer to help unstick and reapply.

:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ariel adaptor no FM stations

Just installed a Kenwood DNX5260BT stereo using the connects 2 lead, patch and aerial adaptor from Dynamic sounds, the Dab wiring is done amp plugs are plugged in no amp at the moment, but for some reason the FM Tuner does not find any stations, the Ariel adaptor blue wire is connected to the blue/white, P.cont/ant cont wire on the kenwood loom, hope someone has the answer my car is too quiet. :frown2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
AVH-X5700DAB purchased and installed :)

I decided not to mount my DAB antenna on the window. Instead, I put it below the top trim above the head unit. Reception seems fine. This obviously means the antenna isn't ground. Is this likely to cause and problems?
Run into any problems not having it grounded? Mine seems to work fine and I grounded the parking brake wire from my head unit to the Connects2 GND (ground) wire there so maybe that counts instead?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts