2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had DAB radio for a while now and its great. I have never really lost signal before and I get so many channels. If your into your radio than I would advise you to get DAB :)

Some pics:

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
What radio is that ?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
lol, that's my thread. Well I'm hoping is was just a bug. Since updating the firmware to 1.7 it has seem to fix the issue but the newer pioneer units still have issues and lack of support. So yeah even though this unit has won 2014 and 2015 awards and is the top end seller, I wouldn't pay £900 for it. I only paid £650 for mine so that's why I kept it and asked for a replacement. I do like the Kenwood DNN-9230DAB or the Alpine X800D-U, so that will be my next. Pioneer are releasing the F70 version soon. Really wish they would sort out there compatablity though with the latest iPhone for apps, instead of putting all the money towards newer head units

·
R-398
702 Posts
Is the cable long enough to allow the antenna on the rear windscreen. Don't think I'd end up keeping it if it was in the front like that.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Is the cable long enough to allow the antenna on the rear windscreen. Don't think I'd end up keeping it if it was in the front like that.
The cable is not long enough for the rear windscreen. Its about 1.5 metres. You would have no choice to have the antenna like that. the other connector which you cant see is under the pillar as a ground

It doesn't look bad at all in reality, and picks up all the stations no problem, without a signal issue, even in the new forest. I personally wouldn't have it on the rear window. The rear window is blocked off enough lol

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Hi mate,
I'm thinking about fitting one of these window DAB antennas but concerned about how to remove that trim on the A pillar for the ground strip. Can you offer any advice on how you installed the antenna?
Cheers
Simon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts