2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I posted this back in October last year - (http://www.civinfo.com/forum/9g-general-discussion/85273-dab.html)

I decided to use my iPhone and stream DAB via BT to the car. The issue I then got is that I burst my monthly bandwidth (1gb on 3 weeks) Not good.:(

The banter then, there is no real DAB retro fit or anything clever. The above is still true but I just picked this up today and installed this in the car. "A Sonichi S1000 Digital Radio Adaptor" (Halfords | Sonichi S1000 Digital Radio Adaptor) - To download the user manual for this product please click here

It works great. ( You still get the odd drop out but you are going to get that regardless)

The pictures below should explain how I installed it. If you have any q's just ask. :) (Sorry about the poor quality of the images the light was going)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far I have seen the strenght around 100% with signal quality going from 80 kbps to 128 kbps. All sounds fine to me. (and I am a real stickler for quality)

Mike

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have the same Sonichi unit but it is unbranded. Works well enough but would prefer something which is factory integrated so you can use the steering wheel controls.

I await with interest as to the new 2013 update with (Optional?) DAB as to whether or not you can retrofit it to older cars.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I had seen that. But i didnt want to mess with my car to much incase it messed up my warenty
Fair enough.

What you've done is a good install and should be the same on the 8th gen.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks - it works great!

Yes, it should work on the 8th Gen. You can use a spare FM channel on your car radio and use the Sonichi dab that way. So, no need to worry about a AUX line.

Mike

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Facelift 8th gen's have the same aux in, usb and power in the arm rest as the 9th gen's by the look of it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts