2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
21,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now it's all very well having DAB but if I'm correct you don't get 'TA' with DAB ?

Drove in this morning listening to a USB stick and I got no Traffic Interruptions like before.
It seems that you need to be tuned to a compatible TA station so that would be FM then !

Also, I changed the SVC to Hi - and unlike the 8G implementation, the 9G implementation actually works. Once I got onto the motorway the volume increased noticeably, so I've turned it down a notch.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Now it's all very well having DAB but if I'm correct you don't get 'TA' with DAB ?

Drove in this morning listening to a USB stick and I got no Traffic Interruptions like before.
It seems that you need to be tuned to a compatible TA station so that would be FM then !

Also, I changed the SVC to Hi - and unlike the 8G implementation, the 9G implementation actually works. Once I got onto the motorway the volume increased noticeably, so I've turned it down a notch.
Do you not have FM?

·
Administrator
21,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes - I've got FM but I think you have to have that as the last station listened to/tuned for the TA to come through.

This morning I had DAB as the last station listened to/tuned and no traffic reports (TA is selected and highlighted).

It could have been that there were no traffic reports but I usually get one or two from BBC London on my way in even though I used to have BBC R2 as my last station.

I'm in investigate mode :)

·
Administrator
21,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All sorted :D

I tuned to FM Radio2 on my way home yesterday and waited for a traffic report.

After about 5 or 6 minutes in it came, not from my tuned Radio2 but from Radio Surrey so I knew I was up and running.

I then tuned to DAB Radio2 and continued to get traffic reports from all the local BBC stations on the Radio2 'hub' - Surrey, Berkshire and London.

This morning I was listening to USB and I got interrupted by traffic from BBC London which is normally the only station to do this.

Proper Job !

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Thought so as it works on mine when in any source and the dab unit is just a plugin external module like the USDM civics xirrus sat radio option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts