2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i know this is going to sound abit daft but i quite like the dacia sandero stepway. I know it's not going to be fast etc. But the price of one brand new is really cheap compared to let say a honda jazz. And now you can pick a 1 year old top spec one for less than 8 grand. Just wanted to know what the general thought is about the dacia range.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So maybe if I wait 2 more years I could pick one up really really cheap.
Sure they lose money but how much has a civic lost in 3 years.
Anyway I wouldn't buy a brand new car lose way too much money.
I reckon these could be a excellent second car In few more years. When the initial depreciation has gone.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
So maybe if I wait 2 more years I could pick one up really really cheap.
Sure they lose money but how much has a civic lost in 3 years.
Anyway I wouldn't buy a brand new car lose way too much money.
I reckon these could be a excellent second car In few more years. When the initial depreciation has gone.

You're right about them becoming cheap, but when they're out of warranty, they might be some concern. Saying that, they are Renault underneath and their engines were always ok, it was when they had loads of electronic devices that they became a nightmare. We had an early Megane with no electrics, and it was utterly dependable for 12 years.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah your right it's the stupid electric gadgets on Renaults that give them a bad reputation. Engines and the way they ride is fine. Dacia do extended warrantys up to 7 or 8 years so you might be able to pick one up with a couple of years warranty still left. Plus dont have that many gizmos to go wrong.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't take long for the James may name to get brought up. No im not related I wish I was he's loaded. And out of the three on top gear the most likable.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
The Dacia is gonna be a Marmite car to be honest and its long term value is very questionable .... Look at Daewoo / ssangyong etc etc ....

They are Renault/French which is more than enough to put me off ever buying one and seeings Nissan's reliability take a nose dive since its been in bed with Renault would worry me a little more too.

I know what you are saying about the look of them , there is something about them that makes you look and think , mmmm lots of car for not a lot of money and they dont visually look too bad in fairness but think what its value is likely to be in 5 years time with its known reliability issues with Renault ...

Good luck and keep us posted if you make the plunge :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
If you wanna keep a car for life then cheap cars make sense but if your thinking of keeping it for a few years then I wouldn't bother as the resale values will plunge. Ask yourself, would you buy a five year old Dacia? Daewoo went the same way and with the low profit margins I doubt Dacia would be around in a few years time. Have you looked at the Kia or Hyundia makes?

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
Have you looked at the Kia or Hyundia makes?
Kia and Hyundai are as expensive as any of the cars in their segments. The i30 is the same price as the focus so they are not the cheap cars people might think.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Daewoo looked terrible as my my old man says Ladas from the east. Dacia are European and look good in my opinion. I know what your saying about Renault Tec being unreliable but skoda are more reliable than vw. And there using tried and tested vw stuff. So I reckon dacia could be more reliable than Renaults. If I do buy one it won't be for while. Regarding Daewoo they went bust because of a huge tax scandal in Korea. They didn't just make cheap cars they made anything from a microwave to a digger. Renault who own dacia are practically government owned. So are highly unlikely to go bust and disappear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts