2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the pipe to the right of the battery ( attached to the wheel arch ) the start of the intake gubbins that directs air to the resonator box? If so, is it feasible to simply unplug it and run a caf tube from that point to the airbox?

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
yes it is, but it not really worth directing cold air straight from that to your intake as its a very poor place to get cold air from. it would work a lot better to runs some ducting from the front lower grille to your intake. either with some cheap ebay ducting or with a driving crazy scoop, or even fit some mugen/fugen fog inserts to take cold air in.

the wheel arch dosn't get all that much air flow due to all the plastics in the way, but if your scared of having a feed low down because of the risk f hydro lock then the point you mentioned is better than nothing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Agree with Voodoo - get something from the front.
I wouldn't bother with running cold air feed from wheelarch as air will get hot going through meters of intake anyway. Have you seen how much of this is there?
I have seen cheap copy of crazy driven scoop from Russia for 72 pound - it's gone now but i will hunt for this as i'm not paying more than that for bit of fiberglass.
But to be honest any mdifications like this will just be placebo effect in my opinion.
... Just get nice catback and it will keep you happy with your group n map :)

·
Enjoying life
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought as much, just mulling over whether you would get a nice balance of intake noise as the resonator is supposed to quieten it. Froggy, I know you have the milltek, was it easy to fit yourself or did you take the car somewhere to have it fitted? There's two milltek on eBay at the moment for around £400 each.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I remember taking the resonator out on my EK4 years ago... fitting a cold air feed. It made VTEC quieter! So I'll be leaving mine alone in the FN haha

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Enjoying life
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought it was a new thing, don't remember the ep3 having one. I'll concentrate on the exhaust ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I give it to the garrage as i dont have a lift or decent jack's. Cost me around 50 quid. And they did have a problem with seized bolt on OEM exhaust so i would struggle with basic tools.

You coming to listen my milltek? This saturday we got a "South down stages" @ Goodwood:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...ved=0ahUKEwipp-i7serKAhVGEpoKHU80DCQQ_AUIBigB

You can come in, watch some raly cars and check out the exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts