2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above guys I have just went a bought a set of abp 30mm springs and I am just wondering how daily life is with the on? Any scraping etc

E.g speed bumps, kerbs, ride quality etc

Cheers

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes it scrapes, yes you have to be careful, but my god it looks so much better. Ride wise I think its better than stock, still hard ride but not as bad. With the FRSU it handles how it should now.

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it scrapes, yes you have to be careful, but my god it looks so much better. Ride wise I think its better than stock, still hard ride but not as bad. With the FRSU it handles how it should now.
Is it bad scraping? Do you have pic fitted?

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
It does scrape a little but I don't actually find it too bad at all. You just have to go very slowly over speed bumps and be careful on ramps etc.
Day to day I don't even think about it.

Edit: Hope you appreciate the 25 minutes I spent looking for this :)

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/nickslk/5588440636/

Reactions: geemac

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
mine doesnt scrape on anything, but its not my daily and i tend to drive in less built up areas.
ride quality is miles better than stock, much less crashy at low speeds and feels much more planted when giving it the beans.

a few pics

the aboce are with 20mm spacers at the front and 25mm at the rear. it looks to have settled by about 5mm more than in the pics now after driving a few hundered miles
heres with no spacers

surely your question should have been asked proir to buying them? if you dont get the reply you want its too late:D

a before pic,

you wont be disappointed lets put it that way.

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments and pics guys, was just worried if I was having to avoid every speed bump to stop the splitter being scraped

Will post the results up when I fit them:)

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
just take the scenic route.
my last car was very low and i got passed by an old dear in a micra on a speedbump ridden road[smilie=grrrrrr.gif] and if i had gone in my van down the same road i could have gone full pelt and not even thought about them.

once i got grounded in my e36 on a huge speedbump in bradford, hit it with just enough speed to get the car to sit nicely on top all 4 wheels off the ground so we could rock it back and forth. did anyone help?

nah, just lots of this:popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2:

30mm wont get you that bad so dont worry!

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I had the 30mm ABP springs on my FN2, with the 19" Rage alloys and 15mm spacers and it never scraped once! Drive sensibly over speed bumps or avoid the roads that have them and you'll not have any issues :)

Looks are excellent as well as the ride over all!

·
Premium Member
2,274 Posts
In Africa, they often have speed bumps like concrete pipes with little consideration for the road user.
You can only traverse without scraping, or actual physical damage if you have a high-lift, Hi-Lux, LandCruiser - get the picture - OR, if you drive over them diagonally.

A diagonal approach may be your way to avoiding damage.
Al.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Is it the plastic thing which are found under the bumper that are scraping or something else? Also, does it scrap more on those mound speed bumps rather than the ones that span the width of the road?

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I have 25mm springs on mine and catch on some speed bumps however think this is due to having a milltek exhaust fitted as I think it sits slightly lower than stock exhaust. Given the choice again I would have gone for 30mm and put up with the slow speed bumps and extra scraping

Reactions: J_r053

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update:

Well had my 30 mm fitted and they look great

Few questions

I have just looked in the box, the old springs are there and the eibach bump stops, he hasn't fitted the bump stops will this effect it?

Also the passenger front looks higher than the drivers, do it need time to settle?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
They have probably used the bump stops off your original

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Nope, you can used either original or what came in the box

Reactions: geemac
1 - 20 of 22 Posts