2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dented my car today stupidly enough coming round a corner and scraping a metal pot. I now have a 2 inch dent with just marks on the paint surface which will hopefully t-cut out. Does anyone know of any good mobile dent repair companies that they would recomend in Suffolk?

Many Thanks.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,664 Posts
I dented my car today stupidly enough coming round a corner and scraping a metal pot. I now have a 2 inch dent with just marks on the paint surface which will hopefully t-cut out. Does anyone know of any good mobile dent repair companies that they would recomend in Suffolk?

Many Thanks.
Be careful as T-Cut is very harsh, especially on soft Honda paint. I used Dent Wizard who were superb, not sure if they cover your area. Can't check at the moment

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for your reply, Above are pictures of the damage, I have got a lot of the green off now, the dent I will need to get pulled out, what do people think I should do with the arch could this be repaired or would I be better off buying a new arch? Also how much is a new arch?

Any other recomendations for repair companies in Suffolk?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the info, been quoted £150 for complete repair including repairing the arch and pulling out the dent and because the dent is close to the edge I was told he could repair 90% of dent then a thin amount of filler would be used to make it 98-100% and painted. Does this sound reasonable? Waiting for some more quotes to come back.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I would avoid getting it painted if I were you even if it still leaves a small dent. Keep getting quotes and hopefully someone will be able to do it without paint.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would avoid getting it painted if I were you even if it still leaves a small dent. Keep getting quotes and hopefully someone will be able to do it without paint.
Thanks for your reply I've had one paint free dent removal company called dent devil say that they cannot repair the dent using their techniques with where the damage is situated, the only quotes I've had so far are around £150 to pull out the dent use a thin bit of filler and paint the area where the filler was applied. I am waiting from dents plus and dent wizard to see if I have any luck with them but they re all saying its a if fault dent to remove :(

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Thanks for your reply I've had one paint free dent removal company called dent devil say that they cannot repair the dent using their techniques with where the damage is situated, the only quotes I've had so far are around £150 to pull out the dent use a thin bit of filler and paint the area where the filler was applied. I am waiting from dents plus and dent wizard to see if I have any luck with them but they re all saying its a if fault dent to remove :(

don't believe it the dent guy I used even pulled a small dent out the crease line in our bonnet in less than 5 minutes and that has the reinforcing behind it but he had a special tool for areas like this and was totally shocked he could do it due to this. Problem is he is based in Nottingham but I am very confidant he would get that dent our or most of it though the rear speaker hole you would have if this was removed. My advice go to a few car dealers and get the phone number of the guys they use as for sure they use people who are very good at this and the guy I am talking about does most of the dealers in our area including Honda and I got his number though someone I know who works at a dealer.

Worst case I can message you his number and you can call him and send him a picture if he says he can do it maybe it might be worth a drive?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
don't believe it the dent guy I used even pulled a small dent out the crease line in our bonnet in less than 5 minutes and that has the reinforcing behind it but he had a special tool for areas like this and was totally shocked he could do it due to this. Problem is he is based in Nottingham but I am very confidant he would get that dent our or most of it though the rear speaker hole you would have if this was removed. My advice go to a few car dealers and get the phone number of the guys they use as for sure they use people who are very good at this and the guy I am talking about does most of the dealers in our area including Honda and I got his number though someone I know who works at a dealer.

Worst case I can message you his number and you can call him and send him a picture if he says he can do it maybe it might be worth a drive?
Cheers for your reply I just want someone to say they can do it, just had dent wizard say they can't do it because it's more than just a little dent and right on the edge, someone is looking at it in the flesh on Friday he's my only hope at the min but I will probs try some dealers to see if they know anyone. Thanks for your advice. I just can't believe that I have messed up my car just annoyed that I did that!

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
The only way to get it done right is to have it repaired and painted.

You could waste time and cash getting dent guys to have a go, but because of where it is it'll need repaired and filled. The dent guy is right in what he is saying.

The swege line at the arch trim is lying in and there may be a little more damage behind the trim.

The whole of your quarter panel will need painted also to "wash" away the paint and match the rest of the car.

If it was mine that's what I would be doing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only way to get it done right is to have it repaired and painted.

You could waste time and cash getting dent guys to have a go, but because of where it is it'll need repaired and filled. The dent guy is right in what he is saying.

The swege line at the arch trim is lying in and there may be a little more damage behind the trim.

The whole of your quarter panel will need painted also to "wash" away the paint and match the rest of the car.

If it was mine that's what I would be doing.
I notice there is a small crease line around the arch that is dented, might have to be a filler job then :(

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trust me, it will need pulled and filled mate. The only way it will look 100%.
Just used a company called Dents+ About Us - DENTS+ Paintless dent removal

He has got the dent out without any damage to paint and looks near perfect, very happy indeed. Just goes to show other companies who said they couldnt do it were wrong and have missed out on some business! Paid £85 for dent removal, he even did small carpark ding on passenger door for no extra cost! Result! Just need a new wheel arch and job is complete :)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Great result. I only just saw this thread but I had a similar dent in the same place after driving into a parked car :facepalm: but now it's good as new so even more weight to those companies that don't know what they're talking about!

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Just used a company called Dents+ About Us - DENTS+ Paintless dent removal

He has got the dent out without any damage to paint and looks near perfect, very happy indeed. Just goes to show other companies who said they couldnt do it were wrong and have missed out on some business! Paid £85 for dent removal, he even did small carpark ding on passenger door for no extra cost! Result! Just need a new wheel arch and job is complete :)

Result but I did say a good dent guy will get that out easily

Pictures? of course for the doubters on what these professionals can do (not the ones who pay a franchise and claim to be professionals)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah this guy is an accredited technician and has 18 years experience so must have had plenty of practice, thoroughly recommended. It may have helped getting it repaired close to when it happened rather than leaving it for a while as it probably had more chance of popping back out. The crease line along the edge was also restored which i thought was really good. I will post pictures up tonight :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts