2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Whilst trying to drill through the bulkhead to install amp power feed I have managed to damage the wiring loom at the grommet.
Will I be able to disconnect this area to repair the damage or am I gonna have to bite the bullet and take it into Honda(with a very red face).

Cheers

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends how badly damaged it is.

Have you just damaged the sleeving or have you taken out a load of wires with it?
Looks like I have only damage the sleeving and maybe 1 wire.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Best thing to do is gain as much access to damage as possible then and use a basic electronics connector kit to rejoin the wire together, wrap the connector in some self amalgamating tape if the connector isn't a sealed connector to stop the wire rotting and then some self amalgamating tape around the damaged section of loom for protection.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As per usual the help on here has been amazing.
Gonna have a good go tomorrow managed to get all connectors off but weather has conspired against me will go at it tomorrow and post update on how it went.

Thanks to everyone who helped

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
just unwrap the loom and repair the wire then re-tape it up, this may be a fiddly long job but it is all that is required.
+1

Use a soldering iron and some solder for a solid repair then some heat shrink to seal the solder joint.

Much better than spades & connectors, you don't want to put everything together only to find out you hadn't crimped a connector on tight enough etc etc.

Probably still working through the split wires
There must be 40+ wires in that loom. Lol
That's so unlucky just read your thread too, nice work getting it fixed though :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.