2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to just replace the panel as it has paint missing and stuff. is it a good idea to just get a primed panel and get it sprayed or try find a good used panel?

so annoyed as it was someone else who damaged my car and it was one of my neighbours for sure.

·
i-Vtec
2,757 Posts
Personally it would be cheaper to find a good used panel, but I suppose it depends on what access to breakers you have. Always a good supply of Civics being broken on Gumtree, bound to be somewhere local.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, another issue i have is my paint its from 2009 i think NH731P.

But thanks this was the route i was going to go myself. Having some confirmation is always good :)

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Used panels are cheaper, however they could of been painted before etc so there is no guarantee the colour will match even if the paint code matches. Might be best to get a new panel, but then you will probably have to blend the surrounding area for a good match.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a bought a panel with the same colour match (mine is the newer type so it was hard to find the same colour) it has a 1cm dot to the metal and a tiny scratch i paid £90. I could of got my dent fixed for £200 i am even thinking about just selling the panel again and it resprayed/fixed for £200 because its less hassle for me and will look like new again.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
i think you would struggle replacing the back rear panel as a diy fix
i can't for the life of me think why i thought it was the rear quarter panel that was damaged :(

is there another post where the back door and quarter panel is damaged and iv'e posted in the wrong thread ?

or is it old age catching up on me :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts