2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY keyfob has had better days,

I've seen replacement keys on auction sites. I was thinking of swapping over the pcb into the replacement keyfob but want to avoid get a blade cut. Does anyone know if the blade is removable on the keys?

Thanks,

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

I've seen replacement keys on auction sites. I was thinking of swapping over the pcb into the replacement keyfob but want to avoid get a blade cut. Does anyone know if the blade is removable on the keys?

Thanks,
The PCB and buttons are a separate unit to the blade, and can be easily removed and replaced.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
The member Wardy2602 is soon to start up his long standing 'Key flipping service'.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/110596-flip-key-conversions.html

The cost then was £35 for the work, a new key with key blade and return.
Worth looking at if you wanted to update your key ;)

Edit- I believe the blade is molded in the key so most likely a pain in the bottom to remove and reattach the blade in a new case

Reactions: wardy2602

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Sorry, I totally misread the opening post and thought this was about transitioning to an already cut key :facepalm2:

If I remember correctly it's possible to remove the blade also.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts

Thanks,
Hi buddy
Unfortunately the blade is molded to the case, the only way round that is to either replace the key with an oem one (Just the shell) but you will need to get the blade cut, or as others have mentioned Im just waiting on stock and will be back up and running again but provided a flipkey service i provide a new flip shell, modify your remote to fit and get it cut.
If you need any help just drop us a pm mate.

The member Wardy2602 is soon to start up his long standing 'Key flipping service'.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/110596-flip-key-conversions.html

The cost then was £35 for the work, a new key with key blade and return.
Worth looking at if you wanted to update your key ;)
Cheers for the plug fella - Back soon ;)

+1 excellent service!

Shame someone came along and ruined it though.. Hopefully when hes 100% he can start that thread up :D

Cheers fella, all good going no where and will be back as soon as new stock arrives ;)

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
Hi buddy
Unfortunately the blade is molded to the case, the only way round that is to either replace the key with an oem one (Just the shell) but you will need to get the blade cut, or as others have mentioned Im just waiting on stock and will be back up and running again but provided a flipkey service i provide a new flip shell, modify your remote to fit and get it cut.
If you need any help just drop us a pm mate.

Cheers for the plug fella - Back soon ;)

Cheers fella, all good going no where and will be back as soon as new stock arrives ;)

Not a problem at all matey! Always give credit where credit is due etc ;)

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all.
for now I've ordered a cheap case for about £2.50.
Will see how it goes as a temporary measure anyway. I'll definitely consider the flip key conversion one Wardy2602 has them in stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts