2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from work, and do not know whether to :( SCREAM or :( CRY, was doing about 1 mph literally and put my foot on the brake up at the side of the curb to speak to some one and all I heard was a loud crack and my pure baby slid on some black ice making my car slide up a large curb...

I am really unsure what to do, and the extent of the damage, I have already posted in "for sale or wanted"

Got some pics of what I have done any advise would be great.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
best start crying man..let it out!!

a group of rwd went diffing yesterday and to get to that area requird us to go up a hill..god it was hard..me wheels were spinning badly on the ice!!

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
G,utted for you mate, I always buy a cheap run around for winter, done it for years usually an 106, this year 1.5 dci cleo, cant go wrong, Ill sell the cleo for the same price i got it for, no problem, almost free motoring and it looks after the CTR.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Gutted mate, any idea on the cost of a repair?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, not been to the garage yet thought it was best I calm down first. I dread to think the costs from honda, will check out my wanted thread lol hopefully a bit of DIY wil be a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Argh! How annoying, I've seen loads of these little dings over the last few weeks! Hope you get it sorted without too much expense. :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys can some one give advise "please" aphemia has offered me his 07 type R GT front splitter, will this be the exact the same fit for my 09 type S GT ?

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Looking at your first picture :-

a} looks like only plastic trim is involved and these come pre-painted and cheaply from Honda ...

b} also looks like the cause wasn't "black ice", but totally unsuitable tyres :( ...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well spotted J, In actually fact I was changing all four tyres late this afternoon, But now since damaging three things on the car I am having to change back to my original wheels and tyres and look at doing car now before new tyres :(

Again any help on previous question would be grateful as I may have a front splitter lined up waiting for me.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
You can get a replacement colour coded wheel arch trim from your dealer for around £65.
This is good to know as mine has got scratched on it after clipping a cyclist this week, I've touched it up but its not perfect.

I sorry to hear about the damage on this thread, I've also clipped high curbs in my car, the CTR is less forgiving than other cars as they are pretty low.

The only thing that I'd be worry about is the different shades of silver that the parts may have, I doubt that the shades are all 100% identical?

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
The only thing that I'd be worry about is the different shades of silver that the parts may have, I doubt that the shades are all 100% identical?
I suspect there will be a very slight difference but you'd need to look closely to notice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts