2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just parked my car in Edinburgh today, still sitting in it when I heard a load bang, looked round and a large road works sign had launched itself at the back of my Civic, result one smashed rear light and one damaged lower rear window.
Stopped in at the dealers on the way home and its going to cost about £800 to fix.
I know the window isn't much but my reasoning is it wasn't damaged when I parked there but was after.
Edinburgh Council are sending a claim form so lets hope they pay up without too much hassle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I am sorry to see that, bucketp, must have been one heck of a shock !! How come you can claim from the council ? Their sign, was it ? And as for 'Class One Traffic Management' !! Hardly.

Hope you get it sorted without too much hassle.

Good luck.

·
Mondeo Mann is here!!
1,333 Posts
Sounds about right that. When i had my back window damaged in a car wash, they said £650 for the lower window or £250 for the trunk spoiler (mines scratched in the same place as yours). Supermarket went for the cheaper option and the car looks better than before

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds about right that. When i had my back window damaged in a car wash, they said £650 for the lower window or £250 for the trunk spoiler (mines scratched in the same place as yours). Supermarket went for the cheaper option and the car looks better than before
Do you have a pic of the spoiler, is it colour coded? May go for that option myself.

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sorry to see that, bucketp, must have been one heck of a shock !! How come you can claim from the council ? Their sign, was it ? And as for 'Class One Traffic Management' !! Hardly.

Hope you get it sorted without too much hassle.

Good luck.
Wasn't sure I could claim form the council but thought I would phone them anyway. They said they would send a claim form so we will wait and see. Wouldn't mind so much but there weren't even any road works just three cones sitting at the side of the road!!!

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Sorry to hear of your trouble bucketp.
If the Local Authority pay up, you might consider adding the £250 colour coded spoiler, over a repair. Wouldn't think there is much in it price wise. What with the labour saving + they wouldn't have to mess around with your car ( glass, sealing, scratching etc.:idea:

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
sorry to hear your bad news, I now how you feel....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts