2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Model: Civic 1.8si 2011

The pointed end of the semi-circular hard plastic surround which forms part of the dash board beyond the steering wheel is, I believe, I dangerous health and safety feature. Whilst quickly getting into the driving seat recently (to avoid a speeding motorist who was about to take my door off) I hit my leg just below the knee on the offending pointed plastic, and my leg swelled up like a balloon. It has taken 2 weeks to recover sufficiently to drive again.

I believe that the design of this area has changed on the 2012 model!

Any comments?

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I've done it once. I was in a rush to get in and I have no idea how I managed it. Trying to look like nothing had happened us hard when all you want to do is roll around in agony.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Roof on the 5 door models putting children in a back.

Boot struts being pathetic.

They're my 2 regular head banger's.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Yes, I have done that twice, caught my knee on it, very painful
+1
I am as careful as I can be now - my long legs and short body doesn't help.
We have a very steep drive, and once having parked unusually front up, the driver's door decided to shut itself and welly me with the pointy bit on the forehead. That's cars!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Aw bless...

I've never managed to do that tho... Banged my head on the tailgate a couple of times and caught my fingers in the armrest... But have never thought to blame Honda, because I believe we are all responsible for our own carelessness :rolleyes:

Maybe start a claim... Lots of companies will do it for you ( and get you some PPI back too! )... Then maybe after 6 years will do a recall and pad all our civics with cotton wool ;)

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Aw bless...

I've never managed to do that tho... Banged my head on the tailgate a couple of times and caught my fingers in the armrest... But have never thought to blame Honda, because I believe we are all responsible for our own carelessness :rolleyes:

Maybe start a claim... Lots of companies will do it for you ( and get you some PPI back too! )... Then maybe after 6 years will do a recall and pad all our civics with cotton wool ;)
Of course you're right. (Remember to open the tailgate first though.....:D)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Model: Civic 1.8si 2011

The pointed end of the semi-circular hard plastic surround which forms part of the dash board beyond the steering wheel is, I believe, I dangerous health and safety feature. Whilst quickly getting into the driving seat recently (to avoid a speeding motorist who was about to take my door off) I hit my leg just below the knee on the offending pointed plastic, and my leg swelled up like a balloon. It has taken 2 weeks to recover sufficiently to drive again.

I believe that the design of this area has changed on the 2012 model!

Any comments?
Had a look at this today and fail to see any Elf & Safety issue...

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Lol Ive just looked at a picture and i cant understand why anyone would have their knees up that high unless their seat was rather far forward.
Considering the seats dont return to their set location this could be a possibility

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
I think he might be in his senior years..Hence the User name
AND
How do you get in a situation where you have to get into a seat quickly due to a speeding motorist?
Because you are naturally slow?
Can you explain further Barry?

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
You want to try the 9th gen Civic, now the door card gets you on the way in. I bumped my knee badly trying one in the dealership yesterday. Probably something to do with the fact that the door card now curves up all the way to dash height!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts