2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Silent Assassin
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving between customer sites tonight the smears on my windscreen got worse as the rain got heavier.

The wipers seemed to smear the water across the glass, if i turned the wipers off the smears evapourated in seconds.

It got so bad I was thinking of finding a side road and parking up.

The wipers are only a couple of months old, and I clean the glass and wipers daily with Fast Glass, so am not sure what is up :( I clayed the windscreen when I replaced the wipers.

Any ideas?

Cheers

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
have u tried ag glass polish? and are the wipers genuine honda?

·
The Ginga Ninga
126 Posts
Fitted two Honda wipers to mine last month. Eliminated all smearing that we had with the old ones

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I got this after changing my windscreen wipers last year - really bad smearing directly in front of drivers line of sight - no matter what products I used the smearing would always be there - then - by using a tip from on here - I used vinegar to remove any products on the windscreen and wiper blades, then I ran the car without any products for a month or so, then I apply the glass product (I use rain-x).

I think with product on your windscreen the new wipers don't get time to 'bed-in'

Give it a go :)

Reactions: regan1985

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
May just be a build up of dust / grime etc if it hasn't rained for a little while.

Takes a little while for the rain / wipers to get rid of it.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
im going to try a bit of vinegar as i also replaced my wipers and have a small patch which glass cleaner didnt remove

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Try some vinegar on the blades to clean the road grime off them, then you could get some rain X which i find works wonders. :cool:

·
TIMMEH!!!!!!
580 Posts
Try cleaning your blades with newspapers aswell. The ink on the paper adds a coat to blades to help stop the smearing.

·
shameless
537 Posts
over use of the fast glass methinks

as an alternative bosch specific fit wipers work well on a spaceship- set A402S

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
try washing the screen with squeezy.. it cuts everything off it then rain x.... it works wonders except you need to be doing 30 or so for enough wind

·
Captain Miserable
181 Posts
Mine smear everytime on the first wipe but the second wipe is perfect.

:facepalm:...just re-read that...I mean it in the cleanest possible taste.

·
Silent Assassin
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers guys, I clayed it and then used some ag glass polish. Haven't a clue if it helped as it hasn't rained since.

Interestingly the smearing only seemed to effect my vision on the downward sweep, going up wasn't half as bad

It's amazing how dirty the glass gets overnight, if daily use of fast glass is contributing to the smears I may put some diluted screenwash into a sprayer and use that

·
Registered
74 Posts
Instead of rain-x try Aquapel (www.aquapel.com).

Similar product to rain-x but lasts far longer. Used it on my BM and was impressed with the results, water just runs off the screen and the wipers glide over.

I got a 4 pack of it from Costco and will be using it on the Civic as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts