2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So now I'm a supporter and I've got a civinfo sticker (lolz) I feel like I should write a bit about my Honda ownership.

Always had French or BMW before (106 Rallye, Clio 1.8 16v, multiple 205 1.9 GTi's (yes I'm old), 328 sports, Renault Sport Clio 172 x 3, Renault Megane R26, 330ci as well as others in between - Primera GT one of the best stop gaps!).

Anyway, mate always had Hondas - EF Vti, EG Vti, DC2, while I was into the Renaults and Pugs, so I took a punt after the sale of my last 172 (Iceberg cup) and got an Ep3. Immediately I was hooked and have had the Ep3 now since August 2012 I think.

Ep started feeling a bit old and the paint (milano red/pink/orange) was looking crap so I retired it, but didn't want to sell it for peanuts, and kept it for track days - halves with my brother. Currently a lot of fun - UK spec prefacelift, Hondata ECU and map, DC5 inlet and manifold, piper catback, XYZ coilovers, fully polybushed, teg m intake, pbs brakes, Bimarco seats, sump baffle etc etc

After finding my happy place with the Ep for track and my mint E36 328 sport, my mrs accidentally damaged the E36 (devastated!!) and I patched it up and sold it on. Mazda Mps/E46 330ci and 276 bhp Megane R26 later I got an Fn2, as I love NA and the K20 that much that I needed one for everyday life.

Was after a DC5 if I'm honest but after driving a few and seeing some they just felt old and tired as well as rusty as hell and definitely not worth the ridiculous premium folk were asking, not for an everyday car anyway.

Ended up looking at Fn2's and after sifting through the pink ones or ones with scabby rooves, I found this 60 plate one in Notts with OEM LSD. I'll be honest, it was no show pony - the wheels were scuffed, the tyres were bald, the paint was swirled to the max and looked to have been washed with a brick, the interior needed a good deep clean and the clutch pedal was stiff as hell. Still in my excitement I went ahead and took a punt and have since spent the last 8 or 9 months getting it up to scratch and spending a fortune (again).

100% standard when I got it, bar some Ferodo DS2500 pads, dodgy fly eye on the fogs and wing mirrors and a badly butchered airbox. But full Honda service history and zero roof rust. Just want to keep this civilised and fairly standard, but clean and slightly different to other Fns around here.

So here it is at the mo - spec:

Standard engine
Drilled & smoothed airbox (sounds miles better than the open cone I had and drives a lot better too)
Direct CAF from the front bumper (acoustic valve removed)
K&N panel filter
Carbon dipped slam panel
Polyurethane engine mount inserts
Gold magnetic sump plug

Eibach proline springs
Eibach camber bolts
Grinspeed FRSU

Standard calipers
Stoptech front pads/Brembo rears
Bremtech front plain discs/Brembo plain rears
Goodridge braided brake lines
ATE Typ 200 fluid

Super GT wheel spacers (15/20)
Michelin PS4 tyres

Goodridge braided clutch line
OEM Honda LSD
New Exedy clutch @ Grinspeed (pressure plate was absolutely shagged)
New driveshaft passenger side (£275!!)

Blox 450g gold gearknob
MJC short shift kit
Refurbed leather gear gaitor
Aircon completely overhauled (new condensor/pump/relay/regas)

Genuine Honda GP front splitter
New genuine Honda front bumper
BKR Mugen style grille with new genuine Honda H
Heko deflectors
Black fog scoops with silver mesh
Benen rear tow hook/bumper protector :)
Genuine Honda mudflaps (to be fitted when painted)
Ante Bubalo wing mirror SOD and light module

I've also had a seeker wing fitted but took it off and sold it as I didn't like it. Spent a small fortune in fixing the niggles and cleaning things up, badges, stickers, polishes, sealants, bulbs, plain plates, service items, etc etc.
Biggest kicks in the teeth were the clutch, aircon and driveshaft fixes but hey ho that's second hand cars for you.
Managed to get the roof done under warranty as it had the paint wear away under the seal so I got it booked in before it began to rust.

Plans are to get it machine polished over summer, bonnet and wings respray, wheel refurb (silver), maybe a quiet exhaust, underseal.

I reckon once my brother moves home I'll let him have the EP and I'll use this as a track car, another year at least yet though. Looking forward to summer in it and some good road trips, as well as the annual Nurburgring trip.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Having to use crap Tapatalk to upload pics. :(

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Lovely mate :)

Reactions: Danith

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That car is nice mate. It’s a shame you don’t like the seeker. I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah didnt ever fully gel with it..prefer the subtle look of the oem, just could so with the back end sitting a bit lower and they somehow really compliment the car. Seeker looks better on a red or silver

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Yeah didnt ever fully gel with it..prefer the subtle look of the oem, just could so with the back end sitting a bit lower and they somehow really compliment the car. Seeker looks better on a red or silver

I agree with it looking better on red or silver actually. Just chuck a few slabs in the boot... that’ll work lol

Anyway car looks awesome bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my slam panel this weekend. Nice finishing touch. Fancy a silicone or other intake elbow now to tidy up the bay a bit.
Wheel refurb or bonnet painting next (after I've sorted the air con out AGAIN)

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Black, red or blue intake hose? The ramair red looks a bit too harsh red in some photos I've seen, black is a bit boring and blue might look out of place.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Nice car, very tidy.

Reactions: Danith

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some updated photos. Machine polish, wax, new painted genuine mudguards and some other stuff done since last update (removed the naff short shift kit and renewed the box oil last week). What a quality bank holiday weekend!
Oh and finally decided Where to put my civinfo sticker

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That slam panel is bloody gorgeous. Interested in the smoothed and drilled airbox, worth doing then?
Cheers yeah I only got it cos was local and the oem matte plastic is crap.

Absolutely 100% worth doing the airbox mate. Open cone definitely sapped a lot of the snappiness of the throttle but with those small holes its almost as loud anyway, without the boggy performance. One of best things I did.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fair play, I'm definitely going down this route. I just don't see how a Mugen or Tegiwa box can be any better (apart from the looks, which I'm not interested in) than doing this, it's pretty much the same set up surely.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fair play, I'm definitely going down this route. I just don't see how a Mugen or Tegiwa box can be any better (apart from the looks, which I'm not interested in) than doing this, it's pretty much the same set up surely.
Its slightly bigger the Tegiwa but also heard the fitment is a bit gash (shock). Definitely not worth the extra. I wouldnt want to drill a mugen or Tegiwa either. I even reckon 2 holes on the side would be loud enough. They're probs a cm in diameter thats it.

Reactions: TheLegMan

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
10% off ebay, had to buy something....

Reactions: FergyCiv

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doesn't look much different, lolz

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks fine mate. That my old airbox? :laugh2:
Yeah your old k and n panel and top half of your old box :)
Bought another spare bottom half to drill to see how it was and it's stayed

1 - 20 of 78 Posts