2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I really want a CTR when I change my car next year, but I don't think it will be possible.
As I do a lot of biking and I am fed up with putting muddy bike(s) in my Jazz, I want my next car to have a towbar for a bike rack and I will be going detachable.
I know it's not the done thing to even think of it but can a towbar be fitted to a CTR?
If it's a no then I think I know what I'll be getting instead but just need to know, even though it's a little way off!
All help gratefully received.

James

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
don't think you can, because of the depth of the rear skirt :(

although you possibly could if you didn't mind cutting it a bit...

or go for the roof rack option :)

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Right, I really want a CTR when I change my car next year, but I don't think it will be possible.
As I do a lot of biking and I am fed up with putting muddy bike(s) in my Jazz, I want my next car to have a towbar for a bike rack and I will be going detachable.
I know it's not the done thing to even think of it but can a towbar be fitted to a CTR?
If it's a no then I think I know what I'll be getting instead but just need to know, even though it's a little way off!
All help gratefully received.

James
There are nice "clip-on" ones from Thule, I think they may have a model for the Civic as well, below a pic of the Golf version

Easy to load and not quite as much air resistance as with the roof thingie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers,
Not keen on roof jobs, because of remembering increase in height, extra resistance and mud and oil dripping onto roof.
I have had clip on models before and they are good although they can scuff the paint a bit.
I guess it's either cutting the bumper or not at all.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I have the Jazz with "magic seats which are great. A 3 dr would be a bit tricky at a guess.
Seem to have solved the problem though.... fit a detachable towbar to my wifes Jazz for bikes and she will have the type r when I'm using hers.
It is still probably a upto a year away anyway. The other car I was leaning towards was a Volvo C30 T5, fast but in a different way.

·
Registered
101 Posts
God just read this and had to be picked up off the floor .........Type R with tow bar???????? Nooooooooooooo you cant have one if you want to fit a tow bar, next question will be do you know of a sleek caravan.....Nooooooo.......get a Corsa you must have seen the adds hope this helps

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
God just read this and had to be picked up off the floor .........Type R with tow bar???????? Nooooooooooooo you cant have one if you want to fit a tow bar, next question will be do you know of a sleek caravan.....Nooooooo.......get a Corsa you must have seen the adds hope this helps

Yes better with the corsa and the integrated rack;) C'mon, sorry couldn't resist saying that!!:oops:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to laugh at the last replies, but did you not see my last reply?
Jazz to have the towbar and CTR without.
What is the current waiting time approx for a CTR - NHB, 19's Sat Nav?

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I have to laugh at the last replies, but did you not see my last reply?
Jazz to have the towbar and CTR without.
What is the current waiting time approx for a CTR - NHB, 19's Sat Nav?
Hi, Yes I saw the reply but couldn't help myself, sorry:rolleyes:

I picked my CTR up on Friday and the dealer told me waiting times are coming down now, he mentioned six weeks. I don't know if that includes the sat nav models though. :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's ok, I can't believe I thought of it myself really!
That's good. From reading other threads on here it sounds like 4-6 months. Not looking to have it until Sep/Oct next year unfortunately, a bit more saving to do!!
My Jazz is due a service in about 1 month so I will ask my dealer then, just to keep upto date with things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts