2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2007 Honda Civic EX. and recently the dash lights stoped coming up. A push on the dim button it comes on for a while then goes off. The dim button must be faulty. I have three questions. 1: Can I bypass the dimmer without taking out the entire dash? Can I replace it if so whats the part called as I cant find one, and 3:Is this a MOT failure?

Thanks, Dan

·
Premium Member
364 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I cant seem to see on that diagram what part number it is for that dial nob, all the other switches seem to be listed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think this is the one you mean.

Not sure if you can get a replacement dial, unless there is a third party replacement that can be soldered in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea thats the one, If I could get to it I may be able to repair the knob or bypass it. I haven't a clue qhat id need to remove to get to it. Biggest concern for me at the moment is if its a MOT falier as in March its due and Im about to pay a whole years insurence.

Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. Looking at them pictures to get the instrument off it shows Id have to go much further to get to the actual dimmer knob to where its connected to.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts