2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this goes here cant seem to find "dash cam hardwire"

Anyway does anyone know how to wire up the nextbit dash cam I've got a hardwire kit ive no idea which fuse or even where it goes wiring wise?

Where do people usually place there dash cam as some mot stations are funny about ' obstruction'

Cheers many thanks

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
3,974 Posts
Dr Google has not heard of a Nextbit dash cam, so I can only assume that you mean NextBase? Which model?

Fit it behind your rear view mirror, then there is no obstruction. You should not be looking at it whilst driving so it doesn't matter that you cannot see it.

Re wiring. If, as you say, you have no idea on wiring, then get someone who has to do it for you.

The red wire goes to an ignition switched 12V via a fuse piggy back and the black wire goes to a good metal chassis connection.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M8TJT sorry was thinking of my old phone my mistake

·
3,974 Posts
M8TJT sorry was thinking of my old phone my mistake
Ah, silly me, I thought that you were talking about a dashcam.
As I don't have access to a manual for your car, I'm afraid that I can't suggest a fuse to piggy back on to (as yet, neither can anyone else it seems) or I would have done so in my previous post.
But please chose to ignore my useless post if you so wish.

·
Registered
238 Posts
As M8TJT stated place it behind rear view mirror and tuck wiring in roof lining then down A pillar cover and into side of dash where you take the side cover off through to fuse box. Then loop extra wire and cable tie it up out of way inside dash

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The OEM fuse is impossible to fit into the nextbase piggy back fuse wow too small I'll have to order a taller fuse won't I?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts