2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve a Mio Myvue 792 dash cam that I’d like to install in my 8th gen 2.2 icdti, with the mio mivue Smart box II permanent power supply, so it operates in parking mode, I’d like to connect the smart box to the internal fuse box using fuse piggyback connectors, can any advice which fuse to use, and has anyone already done this installation?
Any advice would be great please.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Use options connector. Have permanent feed or feed with ignition.

Check how to hardwire dashcam how to guide on here for details. Easy enough to do, did it on my last civic.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Use options connector. Have permanent feed or feed with ignition.

Check how to hardwire dashcam how to guide on here for details. Easy enough to do, did it on my last civic.

As above I took my feed off the options connector too.
Thanks I’ve found the options connections, here-

https://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-guides-only-8g/64072-how-use-tap-into-fuse-box-option-connector.html

The mio Smartbox needs a permanent live and a ignition live as well, which is bottom left, constant live, and bottom right is ignition live, so I’ll make up three extension wires to a easily accessible place, so the box can be disconnected and removed quickly, if the car is sold,

Just one question, what type of fuses are used, Low-profile Mini, Mini, Micro2, or ATO ?

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I didn't know about this at the time, but used the Cigar Lighter in the center console.

IT was easy enough to remove, crimp into the live, and run a wire behind the glove box, and up the A pillar.

For NEGATIVE, I used a Dashboard screw, behind the Triangle of plastic on the dash side (when you open the door).

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Thanks I’ve found the options connections, here-

https://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-guides-only-8g/64072-how-use-tap-into-fuse-box-option-connector.html

The mio Smartbox needs a permanent live and a ignition live as well, which is bottom left, constant live, and bottom right is ignition live, so I’ll make up three extension wires to a easily accessible place, so the box can be disconnected and removed quickly, if the car is sold,

Just one question, what type of fuses are used, Low-profile Mini, Mini, Micro2, or ATO ?
You shouldnt need any fuses, just female spade connectors.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know about this at the time, but used the Cigar Lighter in the center console.

IT was easy enough to remove, crimp into the live, and run a wire behind the glove box, and up the A pillar.

For NEGATIVE, I used a Dashboard screw, behind the Triangle of plastic on the dash side (when you open the door).
Thanks for the negative tip, I’d thought of the cigar lighter and the hazard switch at first as well, but it seems this smartbox needs a constant, and ignition live as well, so it’s convenient to use the under dash fuse box, as it’s near to the A pillar to run the cable behind the trim to the dash cam.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Certainly a few of the fuses offer permanent live, so you can use a PIGGY BACK fuse for that... be aware of battery drain though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts