2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I have a problem regarding power to dash cam.
Bought 2 Dash cams for my Citroen van and my Type R (57 reg)...Prestigio Road Runner 320 Dash Cam
The dash cams work fine in the van ..It has a 12v power socket on the dash console

When i plug in the power lead into the cig lighter socket in the car it does not give power.. The cig lighter works by the way

I have noticed that the van socket is deeper than the one in the car...This might be the problem!

Any ideas how to resolve this problem?

Cheers Cookie

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
I've noticed that some plugs don't fit certain sockets. Was really annoying on a trip abroad a few years ago.

So I guess you'll need to find a plug that fits.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If the plug doesn't fit in the socket, probably it'll be a good solution to cut the cable before the plug and to solder it somewhere behind the socket. If you manage also to hide the cable somewhere behind the panels you will have very clean and tidy installed power cable and not wires everywhere on the dashboard.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorted it Guys..Bought a "Twin Extension Socket" from Euro Car Parts... Cost £3.99

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
It's also worth noting there are 2 types of sockets in cars now, lighter sockets and so called accessory sockets.

Accessories don't fit lighter sockets very well and whilst they will usually work, can damage the socket as they are "tight". Accessory sockets on the other hand tend to be a fraction larger and made for accessory plugs. Also, on commercial vehicles (more lorries than vans) always be aware operating voltages, as lorries can be 24 volt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts