2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I know this a real first world problem! But it is bugging the hell out of me :(

On my 8th Gen I lost the green dipped beam icon on my dashboard and it really annoyed me. (OCD I know!)

I have had my 9th Gen for 2 days and today the same thing has happened. I have the green side lights icon and the blue main beam, but no longer have green dipped beam icon. Both side and dipped green icons appeared before today, I think on any setting.

Does anyone have any idea why? It surely can't be coincidence can it? I don't think it would be a fuse as I imagine it is a printed circuit board.

As always, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

shaft.

·
i-Vtec
2,757 Posts
You sure it has one? The Gen 8 doesn't have a specific dipped beam dashboard light, just a lights on(sidelights/dipped beam) light.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
As above, there isn't one - Just a sidelight symbol; Odd I know.

If you want to be sure, grab a torch and look at the unlit cluster - You'll see no dip beam shape

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay I am an idiot!

I was convinced that both my 8th Gen and this 9th Gen had a separate dipped icon. I've just checked the manual and you guys are of course correct.

I must have had my front fog lights on until today [smilie=hrmm.gif]

Das can you confirm that the 8th Gen front fog light icon is a solid green icon much like the blue full beam? Just to put me out of my misery you understand - a form of closure!

I come here to be educated :)

·
i-Vtec
2,757 Posts
Okay I am an idiot!

I was convinced that both my 8th Gen and this 9th Gen had a separate dipped icon. I've just checked the manual and you guys are of course correct.

I must have had my front fog lights on until today [smilie=hrmm.gif]

Das can you confirm that the 8th Gen front fog light icon is a solid green icon much like the blue full beam? Just to put me out of my misery you understand - a form of closure!

I come here to be educated :)

Yup the front fog light icon is a solid green one with the beams pointing down a bit just like the one in the picture.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm not scared Haltamer, it won't be the first lynch mob I've encountered. You should have seen the angry mob in our village when I proudly drove home in my 8th Gen :surprise:

Folks round 'ere don't trust transportation that doesn't have four legs :wink3:

Confirmation of my ongoing idiot status - thanks Das! It only bugged me for the last two years!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts