2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
After a long drive tonight the dash lights from the imid and indicators etc shining on the windscreen really bothered me. Thinking of asking the guy who did my leather interior to make a neat sheild from leather that would extend over the lip of the dash by an inch or so. I'll start by making a few templates out of card to make sure it will kill the glare
Anyone try anything like this on their own car?
Cheers Mick

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To get rid of the glare had to turn it down very low... Don't like it that way.. I think if there was lip extending over the instruments it would solve the issue

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have the brightness on max for day and night.
The glare doesnt really bother me as i dont really notice it all that much.
The 9G has a LED speedometer that is significantly brighter than the 8G's LCD based speedo. It's very blinding at night.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
The 9G has a LED speedometer that is significantly brighter than the 8G's LCD based speedo. It's very blinding at night.
I have made my little blue light brighter and added footwell lights that were bright and it didn't bother me.

Could be me not being as photosensitive

I have only seen the 9th gen dash in the day.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bit of experimenting and the glare on the windscreen is from the instrument lights reflecting back onto the black plastic dash. It's the dash then thats reflecting the light up towards the windscreen. So I'm wondering what's the best light absorbing material you could place on the dash?
something like this

Protostar Telescope Making & Upgrading

1 - 11 of 11 Posts