2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have done quite a bit of research on here to try and find the solution to this issue before asking the question but cant find the answer.

I have a squeak coming from the passengers side of the dash board but cant locate it. I have completed the windscreen cowel fix and this hasnt helped.

When i get in the car in the morning on bumpy roads the noise is present. After the car has been in the sun all day and heated up i dont hear the noise until the next morning.

Sorry if its been asked before but i have tried to find the results.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this morning the squeak was at it again.

I have checked the following things

windscreen cowl,
pressing rev counter,
opening glove box,
putting pressure on the dash,
pressing the edge of the roof lining up

All have had no effect, i am happy that its coming from the passenger side which makes it hard to locate when driving along!!!!

then i drove home this afternoon and there was no noise as all.

Has anyone got any ideas before i take the passengers side apart?

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I haven't a suggestion, but you'd be amazed how easily everything comes apart! There are a few how to guides on here to follow, but I've done it several times and can do it quite quickly now.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right what I have now tried is a piece of card between the dash and the plastic at the bottom of the pillar at the minute no noise but I have been off work so not been in the car early. Anyone else had a problem here ?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I had a very annoying squeak which turned out to be coming from the gap between the radio moulding and the passenger side dash top; soaked a shaped piece of thin card with silicon spray and jammed it down the gap; no problem now....

Good luck

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts