2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts
My blue dashboard trim arrived today. £5.00 and didn't take long to arrive either, worth the extra couple of quid to find a UK based vendor (on ebay) and get it quicker.
Was expecting it to be rubber, but it's not it's plastic. Once I get the car (Monday morning!!! :-D ) I'll try fitting it. Anyone tried it before?

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I'm the other way around!

Staring at a wall of plain black plastic, and no trim ... still on its way ... never know, if it arrives today, I'll probably be making a few posts in this thread over the weekend.

Al.

My blue dashboard trim arrived today. £5.00 and didn't take long to arrive either, worth the extra couple of quid to find a UK based vendor (on ebay) and get it quicker.
Was expecting it to be rubber, but it's not it's plastic. Once I get the car (Monday morning!!! :-D ) I'll try fitting it. Anyone tried it before?
How's it looking?

Car will be here today, I'll post some pictures. Definitely thinking that this stuff needs to be installed in warm conditions and I think I might even measure some lengths when the car comes and then cut them off to stretch out on a radiator.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Did you get a 'tool' to help separate the 2 sides a little before pushing in?
Let us know how you get on - still nothing for me - did say somewhere between end of October and mid-December!!

Al.

Yeah there's a little orange tool with it. I thought it was to push it in with, but thought it wouldn't work, but what you've said now makes sense it's to separate the gap your pushing it into.
Car came today, chuffed with it. Gonna try putting the trim in tomorrow i reckon

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Not too shabby.
Problem is most / all of these kits are for LHD when I've looked.

There's a couple of 'C/F equivalent PVC' ones which aren't too bad either - most only LHD.

Al.

nothing happening with this? :)

Discussion starter · #35 ·
I've given up on the chance of receiving the trim from China and have put in a claim - its only cheap....

I've now purchased same for twice the price from UK - at least it'll arrive ... might have something to do over Christmas other than watch 5,000 repeats and make snowballs or something!!

Al.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
The supplier came back with full tracking dates and references, then said would offer full replacement or refund.
In view of the delay, and knowing that Chinese imports are being regarded more closely by British Customs - so we're led to believe - I just asked for a full refund.
Unfortunate.
Generally I never have a problem with Chinese-supplied items - I get quite a lot for my R/Control vehicles.

Al.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Well, I received a refund from the Chinese supplier without problem, then ordered from the UK-based one - same stuff - arrived and ... fitted.

I'll get some photos up when able.

There have been a couple of areas where the trim isn't tight enough and the beading doesn't stay in place.
I'm using Shoe Goo to hold it - it's a delayed all-purpose contact adhesive that's flexible - and can be easily removed if / when required.

Al.

the suspense...... it's like a carrot being dangled :)

Discussion starter · #40 · (Edited)
Looks good - quite liking it!! >:)
A bit chaotic coming up to Christmas - normal family things together with work being crazy ... !!
When able, I'll take a few photos, but none in daylight until possibly the weekend.

OK, a few photos - wasn't that cold outside!!
You can see the glue - I'm letting it set better, then I'll clean it a little - Shoe Goo's easy to work with and won't damage the trim.

Al.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.