2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

First off, I have to say that my Civic is the nicest Car I have owned. MY only minor niggle with it is the positioning of the Indicators on the dashboard. I find that in my usual sitting position the indicator lights are obscured by the top of the steering wheel. Trying to move the seat obscures the rev counter. It is a shame that Honda didn't put them below speedo...

Has anybody else found the 'sweetspot' that will let me see the dash and still drive the car!

Paul

·
Registered
243 Posts
Depends on how tall or small you are I guess.

I'm about 5'7". I have seat at the lowest position and the steering wheel set low too.

I can see everything clearly apart from the times when my ass starts slipping down on the seat while sitting in traffic!!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I've found a window that gives me good overview, and even a adequate support frm the seat for my long legs. But it took some time....

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I'm 5'6", seat as low as possible, steering wheel also. I could do with seat a bit lower, but would start getting stones in my butt!

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Also 5'6'' but for me I find that seat higher and wheel lower is more comfortable and I can see the display just fine.
Why do you want the seat low?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm 5' 6" (and a bit ;) ). I have the wheel as high as it will go and then lower the seat from its highest setting until I can just see the top instruments (cruise control etc) inside the wheel.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Also 5'6'' but for me I find that seat higher and wheel lower is more comfortable and I can see the display just fine.
Why do you want the seat low?
I'm 182 cm (and don't know my exact height in feet and inches) but my body propotions resulted in a low seat and quite high and close steering wheel. I might have had the seat a bit higher, but then my thighs hit the steering wheel when stepping in and out of the car.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Im 5ft 6in have the seat as high as it will go and the steering wheel as high it will go, this means I can not see when my light symbol is showing the lights are on. I have got used to this though and it doesn't bother me, at least you can hear the indicators.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I'm with the 'low' crowd :D

My method was to get the seat where I wanted it, then played with the mirrors and wheel till I could see everything.

There is so much adjustment available that it took some time to find the sweet spot, but I found it :D

PS - 5 foot 9 (on a good day :wink:)

PPS - low just cos that's how I like it - gives a more sporty feel, and feels faster too :D

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
There are indicator light? ;-)

·
Nneeaawwwwwwww
443 Posts
6 foot 1, seat right down and wish it would go lower. Wheel as high as possible and I can see everything when I set off.

Butt slippage often occurs which obscures the indicators, but I don't find it too much of a problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts