2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FN2 dashboard light is erratic, it gets totally dark and comes on again erratically. I tried to adjust the dimmer switch and found that the light would come back by fiddling with it. It seems like a dimmer switch problem.

Does anyone know how to bypass the dimmer switch?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Dimmer is in tacho unit itself. There are 2 setups with dimmer one is when lights are on and 2nd when off. Also if tacho is problem you can swap tacho and service can download all your data and write it to new one. You can use 2nd hand tacho since chip with stored data is re-writable

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean replace the whole tacho? Thats quite costly. I was searching around and found post/video that shows older civics (e.g year 2000) bypassing the dimmer switch by shorting the red and black cables at the tacho connector. So trying to find out whether anyone knows if we can do the same or similar on FN, whether the cables are the same?

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Yes whole tacho. It isn't costly if you get 2nd hand one. Not sure will shortning will help dimce tacho is also somekind of ecu in civic and has can bus reciver. As fas as I know tacho is integrated in tacho board and not like older civics. So wouldn't go that road. Maybe electronics guy can do this when removing back cover of tacho to see if it can be done

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi all,

does anybody knows which model are the dashboard buttons lights?
The light of my recirculation button does not work and I want to change it.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Hi all,

does anybody knows which model are the dashboard buttons lights?
The light of my recirculation button does not work and I want to change it.
Think it's no.13 (BULB, NEO WEDGE (14V 80MA)) on pic on Lings, but not 100% sure mate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts