2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have 1 or 2 dead lights in the dashboard, the buttons of the fan/AC control (up/down/mode/front windscreen and the rear screen defog). The others light are working. Anyone know how to replace them or there is any how to? What kind of bulbs are in there? Are they soldered leds?

Thank you in advance

·
big dog
1,136 Posts
i just did that myself 2 weeks ago. its actually only 1 bulb but its quite weird.

What you need to do is at the back of the steering wheel you have a cover that is between the steering and the dash. Take that off its only on clips. Disconnect the thermometer wire and the pipe.

You would see 2 philips screws behind it. Take these off. Than the whole dash with the buttons included is holding on clips. Pull the whole thing off.

Then disconnect the start engine button, the AC controls wire and lights controls plug.

Thats it. No special tools just 1 screwdriver and 20 mins. The tricky part is the weird bulb you need. T4 1/4 14V 100mA.

It looks like this one, but not sure if the same size it should be T4.2 or T4 1/4

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can remove the bulb from a T5 housing an install it on the T4 bulb holder from your car. I did this in the past because I didn't find any T4 bulbs in my area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts